joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Warm to cool to ? - May Obs/Discussion Thread

MN Transplant

• Replies 810
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain makes the fishing better. Lightning makes it exciting. Good luck. Never fished there. I'm guessing you're below the fall line?

I caught 29 bass once I got there, the temp forecast was a big bust. Today, I need to cut grass but it needs to dry out which doesn't look that likely based on the radar. I also want to get my tomato plants in the garden today or tomorrow.

Maybe the southern part of Ballenger Creek.  I'm a mile SW of the 70, 270, and 340 and Mrs. J about a mile or two west of me...storms and rain avoid us like the plague.  The MoCo and Frederick County lines are always the sweet spot.

Nice Frederick split shaping up right now :axe:

would think they'd slice the eastern section of the slight at least.. maybe as close as 95 and east. instability not forecast to come back too well. may be ok further west.. next 500 energy comes in a bit late tho.

Baking here..

yeah but we're about to get cloud debris for peak heating and the front is not really moving much--may even back slightly during the afternoon. i guess it could help as a zone for activity. ruc forecasts for sfc cape are meager in the east later. could be elevated activity tho.

yeah but we're about to get cloud debris for peak heating and the front is not really moving much--may even back slightly during the afternoon. i guess it could help as a zone for activity. ruc forecasts for sfc cape are meager in the east later. could be elevated activity tho.

I am only expecting large hail (quarter to maybe half dollar size) for severe today

I think a day slightly better than yesterday would be a good call

BULLETIN - EAS ACTIVATION REQUESTED

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE BALTIMORE MD/WASHINGTON DC

1236 PM EDT FRI MAY 4 2012

THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN STERLING VIRGINIA HAS ISSUED A

* SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING FOR...

EASTERN PRINCE GEORGES COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...

SOUTHERN ANNE ARUNDEL COUNTY IN CENTRAL MARYLAND...

* UNTIL 100 PM EDT

* AT 1232 PM EDT...NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE DOPPLER RADAR INDICATED A

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM CAPABLE OF PRODUCING HAIL UP TO THE SIZE OF

QUARTERS AND DAMAGING WINDS IN EXCESS OF 60 MPH. THIS STORM WAS

LOCATED NEAR UPPER MARLBORO...AND MOVING EAST AT 45 MPH.

* LOCATIONS IMPACTED INCLUDE...

RHODE RIVER...

SHADY SIDE...

LONDONTOWNE...

GALESVILLE...

MAYO...

SOUTH RIVER...

Archived