• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
April Observations and Discussion

Gastonwxman

The 12Z Wed Euro not surprisingly says to the SE US "no snow for you!" It also doesn't have the big cold and looks far different from the 0Z Euro. It caved pretty close to the 12Z GFS/other models. Is this the last Euro run to show this (three of them total) or will there be another in our future? Stay tuned for the next episode of "As the Model Turns".

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.25 inches of rain from yesterday and today...

I don't like the trend of the models today...sending our weekend system up or just off the coast. what looked like a big rain producer for the Apps is becoming less and less with each run.

Maybe it will trend back with tonight's 0z.

Goodness! If the models keep sending this ULL to Cuba, we won't see nearly as much rain... The edge of the rain shield is forecast to be just south of Columbus, Macon, Savannah. The only saving light is Florida gets to see its rain! The rest of us may not have as wet a weekend as forecast... I still think it won't dig nearly as far south as the models are now indicating, but it will be interesting to see if they keep getting us drier and drier.

0.34''

Got about 0.30 here too. Good grief, another total screwjob. Two or three times in a row now that the models have shown 1 plus inches here only to get screwed. The last time was even worse, only got a few sprinkles. Ugh.

Lookout screwjob is in full effect. :axe:

RAH says "What rain"?

WHAT A DIFFERENCE 24 HOUR MAKES...AS NWP MODEL GUIDANCE HAS MADE A

DEFINITE SOUTHWARD AND EASTWARD SHIFT WITH THE TRACK OF THE SOUTHERN

STREAM STORM SYSTEM. IT HAD BEEN HIGHLIGHTED IN PREVIOUS

DISCUSSIONS...THAT THE WEEKEND FORECAST WOULD HINGE UPON THE

TRACK/TIMING OF THE SOUTHERN STREAM LOW PRESSURE CYCLONE...AND THIS

IS CERTAINLY THE CASE AS THE LIKELIHOOD FOR CENTRAL NC SEEING A

WIDESPREAD HEAVY RAINFALL HAS DRASTICALLY DECREASED AS THE

SUPPRESSED STORM TRACK NOW KEEPS THE BEST GULF MOISTURE PLUME

LARGELY SOUTH AND OFFSHORE WITH LITTLE TO NO ATLANTIC MOISTURE FEED

INLAND. SOME OF THE NORTHERN OUTLIER MODELS...LIKE THE 00Z/19 EC

SUGGEST COASTAL AREAS COULD STILL SEE SOME BENEFICIAL RAINFALL ALONG

THE WESTERN/NORTHWEST FRINGE OF THE DEEPER MOISTURE SHIELD

ASSOCIATED WITH THE LOW PRESSURE SYSTEM TRACKING ALONG OR EAST OF

THE OUTER BANKS. THESE DETAILS WILL NEED TO BE IRONED OUT

OVER THE NEXT DAY OR TWO...BUT ATTM...THE HEAVY RAIN THREAT

LOOKS CONFINED TO THE COAST.

Me too :) But I"ll take to .2 in exchange for todays weather. I just love me some cad, and it has been cool in the low 60's, cloudy and occasionally drippy all day. What a great spring day!!!! I hope for more and more all spring/summer :) Tony

I am enjoying the cool,cloudy day ^_^ This is much better than temps in upper 80's/low 90's :lol: I just wish it would rain, my daylillies are beginning to bloom and they are quite thirsty :(

The 18z GFS has our Southern low south of the area still. FL are the only real winners in this setup.

It looks like the coldest of the last four Goofy runs with the 0C 850 line down to almost Augusta, GA, Orangeburg, SC, and MYR on 4/24.

It looks like the coldest of the last four Goofy runs with the 0C 850 line down to almost Augusta, GA, Orangeburg, SC, and MYR on 4/24.

0Z GFS caves to Euro with regard to cold

Folks,

The headline says it all. The 0Z Goofy has caved to the Euro's cold as it has the 0C 850 line almost all the way down to Columbus, GA, on 4/23 and to Charleston, SC, on 4/24! Stay tuned to this BB for further updates as they become available.

Anyone going to watch the Doc as it arrives tonight? Please do so at your own risk of disappointment. It arrives within two hours.

33n94av.jpg

Van Denton FOX8 WGHP TV

Sunday-Tuesday.......Turning Colder....threat of Frost again Monday night and our Mtns may see some SNOW Sunday and Monday. Talked about this at 10pm on Thursday night....latest models are even more impressive for this scenario. Remember, this is the 20 year anniversary of the 57 inch snowfall on Mt Pisgah.....in early May 1992.

Like · · Share · 78 · 24 minutes ago ·

The 00z trends north, as usual. The models do this every time, and RAH follows them almost unquestioningly. It's a bit concerning.

And RAH brings the rain back

AS MENTIONED THURSDAY... THE OPERATIONAL MODELS QPF (VERIFICATION

STORM TOTAL WITH THE EXPECTED STORM ITSELF SAT NIGHT INTO SUN

NIGHT)... HAVE BEEN ALL OVER THE PLACE... WITH THE GFS OUTPUT IN

PARTICULAR... THE MOST VARIED... RANGING FROM ZERO (THE 00Z/19 GFS

RUN) FOR RALEIGH... TO NEARLY 3 INCHES (00Z/20 APRIL GFS RUN). WE

CONCEDED THURSDAY THAT WE WOULD TAKE A SIMPLISTIC APPROACH TO THE

MODELS FORECAST OF THIS SYSTEM FOR VARIOUS REASONS. A BLEND OF THE

PREFERRED MODELS TRACK/STRENGTH/TIMING SUPPORTS QPF RANGING FROM A

QUARTER TO A HALF INCH ALONG THE YADKIN RIVER RANGING TO 2-3 INCHES

ALONG THE COASTAL PLAIN. A GOOD SOAKING OF 1-2 INCHES IS EXPECTED

FOR MUCH OF THE PIEDMONT WITH LESSER AMOUNTS OVER THE WESTERN TRIAD

REGION.

33n94av.jpg

Van Denton FOX8 WGHP TV

Sunday-Tuesday.......Turning Colder....threat of Frost again Monday night and our Mtns may see some SNOW Sunday and Monday. Talked about this at 10pm on Thursday night....latest models are even more impressive for this scenario. Remember, this is the 20 year anniversary of the 57 inch snowfall on Mt Pisgah.....in early May 1992.

Like · · Share · 24 minutes ago ·

I understand that people are getting excited about this storm, but I see no unique characteristics about it. The Euro, GFS, and NAM do not project snow for the NC mountains. While that may be a interesting historical fact, it does not correlate with this system.

Folks,

The 6z Goofy has the 0 C 850 line down to Savannah on 4/24, the furthest south yet for a Goofy run. KATL is now projected by MeteoStar to get all the way down to 36 on Tuesday, 4/24, while the 859 is -1 C. Exciting times. Stay tuned to this BB for further updates.

Archived