joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Observations and Discussion

Gastonwxman

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you have the fan aspiration feature? I have heard without that feature stations can run warm during the day and at night. All that said I still wouldn't be surprised if the 90 at your house would have been recorded by an official station if it was up there. We are only talking about a few degrees which can easily be within the envelope of variability from location to location.

Nope, I do not have a fan aspiration feature. Its reporting 91F right now so it's probably a few degrees to warm. McCollum was at 88 an hour ago.

I would be posting the totals tomorrow anyhow if it did rain. Yesterday was technically the last day to add rain to the bucket totals for April if you use Cocorahs.

Gotcha. I forgot that Cocorahs has you measure at ~7 AM each morning for reporting. Not nit-picking, just offering a little more hope for you to get some more rain today. It's really dark here. Hoping for the convection over the mountains to creep down here...

:lol: We broke our all-time record high for April in Columbus! We made it to 94! We're starting to get some decent cloud cover because of the heat. I expect us to be above, or rather close, to the 90 degree mark in to the weekend... This is NOT going to be fun! Hopefully the trough the GFS has been showing the past few runs (at least this morning, since I haven't had time to look since) comes to fruition.

Oh, and we picked up 0.49" for the month of April. Looks like there won't be a lot of May flowers in West Central Georgia or East Central Alabama.

GAG! Looking like field day for me next Monday is also going to be sweltering. Yikes! Somebody pray that I don't fall out. I HATE the heat! Anything above 80 is too much for me....especially outside with no shade all day. Praying that the current forecast of upper 80's falls flat on its face!!!

I can't stand the heat eiher. Most people hibernate in the winter. I hibernate in the summer. LOL. I love being outdoors in the winter when it's nice and pleasant. I don't understand why some people like summer so much. It's hard for me to enjoy 95 degrees and high humidity. I hate feeling trapped in my home, but from late May to August I can't stand the thought of stepping outdoors.

Penny to quarter size hail here. Golf ball size reported just to my north-east in Traphill.

I wish you guys in the Piedmont could get these heavy rains. I would like some sunshine and HEAT.

Overcast cool days get old here...I don't even know how there was enough instability here to support these severe storms tonight.

Around 83 again for today's high and it's looking like 90 will be attainable later in the week. When compared to the previous Monday high of 57, that's quite a difference going from winter-like weather to summer in a week.

Overall April Stats:

Max temp: 86

Min temp: 32

Rainfall: 2.68" (Below normal of 2.85")

Final April Stats:

Hi Temp: 88.2 F (on 4/04)

Hi Temp Below 32: 0 days

Lo Temp: 30.4 F (on 4/12)

Lo Temp Below 32: 1 day

Mean Temp: 59.4 F

Hi Wind Gust: 19.0 mph (on 4/10)

Total Rainfall: 3.27 in (measured rainfall > 0.01 in on 9 different days)

Wettest Day: 0.87 in (on 4/18)

Rainfall for Year: 11.18 in (Jan - Apr)

Very dry for April IMBY up here in the mountains too. Only 1.68" and today will be day 11 with squat.

Did manage to get my highest temp of the year so far yesterday...84.

1.78" for the month. That isn't going to get it done around here.....

I'm fairly certain I ended up with more rain in April than you guys. Will tally up for sure when I get home..

Very dry for April IMBY up here in the mountains too. Only 1.68" and today will be day 11 with squat.

Did manage to get my highest temp of the year so far yesterday...84.

I got 3.54 in April. 1+ inch on the 3rd-4th, and 2+inches around the 17th-18th, then just a few other days with a few tenths here and there.

2.28 for the month :weight_lift: So very grateful for the 1.80 that fell on the 21/22 :lol: That is still -.34 for the month of April and that brings the ever climbing deficit to above 5" for the year :(

Ok, now you've done some sort of reverse climate engineering thing with Columbia and Griffin, because you got all the rain, and I got .4 for the month! This is worse than when Lookout dragged his rain hole over me and left it :) I'm not happy, and I want my rain back, lol. T

Plus...Plus: I got my first 90 12 days ahead of last year. So 6 days with rain for all of April, and barely any of it finding the ground, and over ninety degrees on the last day. Now that sucks.

Ok, now you've done some sort of reverse climate engineering thing with Columbia and Griffin, because you got all the rain, and I got .4 for the month! This is worse than when Lookout dragged his rain hole over me and left it :) I'm not happy, and I want my rain back, lol. T

Plus...Plus: I got my first 90 12 days ahead of last year. So 6 days with rain for all of April, and barely any of it finding the ground, and over ninety degrees on the last day. Now that sucks.

12 days ahead of last year ???? And we all remember how horrible the heat was last summer.

Archived