joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Observations and Discussion

Gastonwxman

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just your average thunderstorm rolled through the area with light to moderate rainfall. Nothing too spectacular. However, if the feeling of the air outside isn't enough to tell you how cool it is, from what I'm seeing for the current conditions around here it's already 54 and that's BELOW the low of 60 that I had for the morning before reaching 71 for the high. The cooler push of air is definitely in effect with the continuous northeasterly winds blowing.

Only a trace of rain today. Everything was to the north and west of here. The squall line that crossed the AL/GA border just dissipated.

LATER TONIGHT...A DEEP TROUGH WILL MOVE INTO N CNTL GA...WITH AN

ASSOCIATED COLD FRONT PUSHING SOUTH TOWARDS SE GA/NE FL. INCREASING

MID/UPPER LEVEL WINDS AND LOW LEVEL CONVERGENCE ALONG FRONTAL

BOUNDARY WILL RESULT IN A FEW STORMS WITH STRONG/SEVERE POTENTIAL.

WILL KEEP NUMEROUS POPS ACROSS SE GA...WITH MORE SCATTERED ACTIVITY

FURTHER SOUTH.

I'll be up for that lol.

After a brief lull, rainfall is picking up once again along the escarpment as the upper low is getting closer to the Southern Appalachian Region. Mid level flow has shifted from west early in the afternoon to southwest currently and eventually south and east as the low crosses Northern GA and Upstate SC later tonight. That dynamic flow riding over a pretty good CAD is leading to an expanding area or moderate rainfall across the North Carolina Foothills...

sat_wv_us_loop-12.gif

GSP_loop.gif

Northern part of the line breaking up, as I suspected it might. The past two nights heavy t-storms missed my house by a mile of two and it looks like I may whiff this afternoon. The screw job season here is starting early..... :axe:

I don't think it ever ended :(

42 drops of rain from this event. I did cash in with .59" from last night though so I should feel fortunate.

Not the first drop has fallen here yet, everything has been to my north, west and east.....sigh

I don't think it ever ended :(

Not the first drop has fallen here yet, everything has been to my north, west and east.....sigh

hi, i'm invading your thread...it won't rain up here either...nothin like a good ol' greenland block to screw with our spring...maybe you get a tropical system this year?

hi, i'm invading your thread...it won't rain up here either...nothin like a good ol' greenland block to screw with our spring...maybe you get a tropical system this year?

Hi Diane :wub: A nice tropical system sitting over the area for a few days would be exactly what is needed to put a dent in this decade long drought :hug:

Rain began at 3 yesterday, and hasn't stopped. Down to a sprinkle now, but water is pooling everywhere. Rained very hard for hours. Almost three inches here so far. Temp sitting at 46. This is a welcome relief from the early spring, and washes the pine pollen out of the air. Wait a minute, is that an ark I see down the road????

Picked another .43" last night in a slow steady soaker type of rain event. Looks like another quarter inch is on the way this morning, then clearing out this afternoon.

This weekend should be spectacular here, and the 3rd and 4th rounds of the Masters will have great weather.

Very cold day here in the Lowcountry today. Temperatures struggling to stay above 50. 51 now at the airport with a biting N wind. Feels like the middle of January. Hard to believe after it got to 86 yesterday. Rarely do you ever see a 35 degree temp difference in 24 hours.

Under 3 separate Severe Thunderstorm Watches yesterday and only had ONE Warning on the fringe of one of my counties. Incredible how the storms broke apart as soon as they moved into more stable air over Columbus. That's what clouds and slightly cooler air will do this time of year. I'm looking forward to this brief cool down and next week's cold shot. I'm also looking for more rain, which looks possible late next week with an approaching cold front that stalls across Tennessee. Heck, after the crazy warm March, the warmest ever by a good margin, we're ready for a nice reprieve. Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!

10 days back, or so, Goofy was giving me lows in the 30's today and tomorrow....not even close to verifying, but better than 80's/upper 60's. Next week it wants to give me 30's again..don't think I'm falling for it this time. Also, Goofy gives me no rain for a long while. This I believe after the amazing, mind stretching rain event of the last few days. It rained so much here it couldn't find the bottom of the gauge :) I'm estimating 10,000 tiny, rain like drizzle bits, maybe fell over the whole yard. I was out in it, but got much wetter working up a sweat. T

Rained all night and into most this morning and stayed fall like today. Just from last night pick up about another inch. We had heavy rain for four days straight from Tuesday to Friday we had a thunderstorm or heavy rain. Seems like last night it rained non stop. Was very nice but glad to see the sun. Currently sitting at 42 degrees and looks like we will be on our way to a Frost or Freeze.

Ended up a tad warmer than I was thinking (60) with 64 for the high today but still felt quite cool after suddenly getting use to the 70s and 80s. Not bad for short-sleeves can already feel the chill beginning to settle into place now that temperatures have dropped into the upper 40s. For once, I may need the heat on all night...Usually it's neither the heat nor the AC around this time of year. Lowest that I can see for my area for tonight would be the upper 30s but wouldn't be surprised if it gets that far down.

10 days back, or so, Goofy was giving me lows in the 30's today and tomorrow....not even close to verifying, but better than 80's/upper 60's. Next week it wants to give me 30's again..don't think I'm falling for it this time. Also, Goofy gives me no rain for a long while. This I believe after the amazing, mind stretching rain event of the last few days. It rained so much here it couldn't find the bottom of the gauge :) I'm estimating 10,000 tiny, rain like drizzle bits, maybe fell over the whole yard. I was out in it, but got much wetter working up a sweat. T

I don't know how cold the gfs was showing for your location, but It got down to 41 here this morning, so it was pretty close to the 30s here. Next week will be different though because both the euro and gfs are showing quite a bit colder 850mb temps vs this time so i don't have much doubt in 30s next week.Only thing is I haven't looked at the wind speed, which might keeps us a little warmer. But no doubt the airmass will be colder than this time.

If it had not been so warm for so long, this wouldn't be so annoying but damn...i hate cold mornings this time of year. Of course if this was January or February we would be complaining about it being so warm and it would feel really warm. But going from 90 to 42 and highs in the 60s/lows in the 30s next week sucks.

Archived