12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lolol

Do you know what happened in our area?

I came home from work and a friend of mine who lives a few houses down sent me a facebook message asking if I knew why there were cops all over and a helicopter circling the area. He was skateboarding outside and the cops told him and his friends to go inside.

Toot sent me a message

Yo Ginxy!

Ft. Fairfield (5 mi. ENE of Villa Vim Toot!) rcvd 15". My wife and kid estimate well over a foot at the PQI/CAR line. I watched what seemed to be an endless e'strly flow of +SN roll out of NB all afternoon & evening yesterday on the radar loop.

Yes as you can tell, I'm not there. Went to work here in ACY on 2/26 after getting in 2000 miles on my sled during my three weeks off in Feb. Ski'd & rode with my kid a bunch too. We had a pretty good winter up there overall. Relatively speaking to everyone else our winter was spectacular. ****tiest winter ever S. of a line connecting Millinocket-Farmington-Conway.

I've been grinding my teeth down to bleeding stumps reading the cancerous Litchfield Libation's passive/aggresive and simply mean-spirited posts. Oh how I've wanted to tell him what a rotter he's been to all there on a board composed of not just Wx lovers but primarily snowy Wx May his face erupt in gin-blossoms for his winter of taunting.

Good to see you oppose him along with my psychic doppleganger MRG. Enjoy Sunday River. Having lived at Sugarloaf for 8 years before moving to PQI I can tell you that Sugarloaf will survive the coming disaster better than SR. Much higher base elev. and of course summit elev. Further East/North also which in this winter has been the difference. Especially the easterly component. I always laughed on Sugarloaf's lower triple. As you ascend toward the top of the lower triple you pass a big sign on the lift tower telling you that if you were at SR this spot would be the summit unload point!. Hee hee.

I'll be off next week. There will still be riding at home I'm sure. I'll send pics- a thing I chose not to do through the winter as it would have been rubbing it in for you guys. I'm no passive/aggresive Hootchfilled Intoxications type!

Be assured- I follow every thread.

Vim Toot!- It would please me to no end to see this post put up in public there. Disavow me if you need. I just wanna see my post, words from the grave, there for all to see. Vim Toot Lives!!!!

off topic but look at the tornadic storm in michigan thats classic

off topic from bickering about whether it will be 55 or 62 somewhere in CT is welcome. . .

continuing the off topic: the same massive western-US trough / intense jet that will torch the east next week is interesting... Texas to Nebraska looks under the gun for widespread severe weather outbreak Monday

Mark my words...

We MAY not get anything big to occur...

BUT...

We will have at least ONE setup that is ripe for a severe wx outbreak here, as long as this current pattern setup can hold through at least early June, it will happen. Just like with winter storms though, you can have the RIGHT pattern in place but that doesn't guarantee an actual event. There is a major difference between potential and outcome. My point is we will have that potential.

The extrapolated KFS has 89 for BDL.

Wtf does "kfs" mean? kentucky fried schittin'

I was looking at the afternoon obs around the southern GL region and 77-82/61 type temp and dp combos pretty much everywhere.

I wonder if they were having this same debate 5 days ago out that way. Only now, we got to consider that air mass advected east up over the eastern cordillera, and down slope when the ridge really kicks in and foists it around the rim.

Those doubting how warm it can get ought to take note of what is already verifying west.

Is the flow too meridional though for big tornado outbreak?

I didn't really look at the low level shear or anything, i guess if its too extreme with the southerly flow at all levels maybe it would hinder it...but that trough just reminded me a lot of the March 2006 trough.

I didn't really look at the low level shear or anything, i guess if its too extreme with the southerly flow at all levels maybe it would hinder it...but that trough just reminded me a lot of the March 2006 trough.

I think you'd want that trough a bit flatter or axis farther NE... SSW winds at 500mb aren't going to give you wildly turned hodographs.

It's at or above normal Saturday, 60-65 Sunday in the interior. It's not really close to normal when you average those two days out.

Yeah seriously. Heck 2m temps are 70s up here for Sunday. BTV is mentioning shattering records. Not exactly a chilly/crappy weekend...especially with sun on Saturday. The Euro and GYX are still advertising 70s for here Sun through Fri daily.

Yeah seriously. Heck 2m temps are 70s up here for Sunday. BTV is mentioning shattering records. Not exactly a chilly/crappy weekend...especially with sun on Saturday. The Euro and GYX are still advertising 70s for here Sun through Fri daily.

yeah seriously it sucks we do not live up there

It's at or above normal Saturday, 60-65 Sunday in the interior.  It's not really close to normal when you average those two days out.

Bikinis ,tank tops and flip flops all weekend with 40's on Sat and 60's on Sunday. Sunday looks awesome but then again , Thursday was supposed to be 3 days out, Friday was 3 days out. Hope so but bustorama on the Euro temps consistently, just keep that in mind.

Archived