joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure if it's reality or not, but it seems like every run of the euro keeps pushing the warmest day back. it's consistently after day 5. never really breaks inside that 5 day window

i dunno - this run looks like BS with its generating a spurious vort max over nw PA, and the boring it through the ridge along the MA like that... That's the only reason for the retarded arrival...

i doubt it is correct with that feature. Appears almost entirley convectively generated.

i dunno - this run looks like BS with its generating a spurious vort max over nw PA, and the boring it through the ridge along the MA like that... That's the only reason for the retarded arrival...

i doubt it is correct with that feature. Appears almost entirley convectively generated.

yeah. it's also got the surface HP centered really far north. so you aren't really maximizing the available warmth in SNE. it ends up warmer w and actually n of SNE with that.

this run doesn't end up with a clean warm look until thu or fri of next week.

it would still be mild but not an inferno.

I see what he is saying though. The 00z was a little delayed as compared to 12z yesterday. I wonder if that ULL out in the southern Plains is screwing around the pattern a bit. It's still mild, but the "big warmth" may be compressed and pushed back to Wed,Thurs, and even Friday.

yeah. it's also got the surface HP centered really far north. so you aren't really maximizing the available warmth in SNE. it ends up warmer w and actually n of SNE with that.

this run doesn't end up with a clean warm look until thu or fri of next week.

it would still be mild but not an inferno.

Yeah you really need the high to the south this time of year to get good w-sw flow.

Yeah you really need the high to the south this time of year to get good w-sw flow.

right exactly. it's still a warm look but some of the runs here and there have been a really almost perfect look for heating up SNE. others, like this one, don't really produce that look - or at least not until late week.

i think it was mon's 12z run that was hinting that this coming mon/tue would be a torch with 70s/80s and i don't think that's happening anymore.

right exactly. it's still a warm look but some of the runs here and there have been a really almost perfect look for heating up SNE. others, like this one, don't really produce that look - or at least not until late week.

i think it was mon's 12z run that was hinting that this coming mon/tue would be a torch with 70s/80s and i don't think that's happening anymore.

and of course, a week ago it looked like fri/sat of this week would be very mild.

BTW... look at the stream of low clouds that's forming off Gay Head on the Vineyard. It's been there for hours.

Seems like just enough warming on the Vineyard from the sun to warm parcels up that get advected SW by the northeast flow over the cold water and the difference is enough to develop low clouds/fog. Really really cool.

I can't attach the loop... but check it out.

post-40-0-39164500-1331838266.gif

I see what he is saying though. The 00z was a little delayed as compared to 12z yesterday. I wonder if that ULL out in the southern Plains is screwing around the pattern a bit. It's still mild, but the "big warmth" may be compressed and pushed back to Wed,Thurs, and even Friday.

My point was ...however poorly conveyed, is that these runs are retarding it for different reasons - i.e., for me it appear more coincidental that the emegent result gives that appearance.

I don't think these runs are right in there handling of tiny nuances in the flow -

BTW... look at the stream of low clouds that's forming off Gay Head on the Vineyard. It's been there for hours.

Seems like just enough warming on the Vineyard from the sun to warm parcels up that get advected SW by the northeast flow over the cold water and the difference is enough to develop low clouds/fog. Really really cool.

hmmmm. interesting. that's a different (not saying it's wrong at all) POV / thought process.

i was thinking the sat was just a bit deceiving in placement and that cloud development was more a product of the flow coming across vineyard sound.

hmmmm. interesting. that's a different (not saying it's wrong at all) POV / thought process.

i was thinking the sat was just a bit deceiving in placement and that cloud development was more a product of the flow coming across vineyard sound.

Yeah could be... not sure... it's definitely interesting though.

A little concerned that the big wamrth is only 1 day in ern areas. Just seems like BD or seabreeze could mute it for us. Maybe not, but something to think about.

it's tough within 15 miles of the shores... The gradient has to be off-shore... Can't have a light amorphous flow or it will turn onshore relentlessly at this time of year.

strict requirement.

I like the convective cluster up stream in NY that threatens to swoop down and blow your AFD in CT - haha

Archived