• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

NWS has 77F for Rindge Weds. I think we see 80s somewhere in southern NH. I'm not buying what the 12z ECM is selling. The position of the high pressure argues for WSW winds, and I have a lot of exposure to my south, so I'm thinking it gets warm here.

Until I start to see some agreement with ridge placement and some signs of a very solid southwesterly/westerly pressure gradient I have a hard time getting excited bout 75-80 anywhere.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well everyone cares to a point, but he tends to march by the beat of his own drum. I guess it bothers me because if I was that careless...I'd have my butt handed to me.

I don't have an issue per se with those warmer temps, but no need to swing for the fences on a 7 day.

I dunno - the one time that I am damn confident going above MOS guidance past D5 is when we're talking early spring warmth. I know it's weighted toward climo - but warmth this early is usually all or nothing.

I like widespread U70s L80s next week.

I dunno - the one time that I am damn confident going above MOS guidance past D5 is when we're talking early spring warmth. I know it's weighted toward climo - but warmth this early is usually all or nothing.

I tend to agree with this observation. I have sarcastically barbed recently myself that folks should just take the MOS+ (3 or 5C) for spring warmth as an autocorrective device. haha.

True... though seeing a fairly weak pressure gradient makes me hesitant.

At one point the euro had 70s for SNE/CNE for this Thu-Sat. That didn't pan out too well.

I tend to agree with this observation. I have sarcastically barbed recently myself that folks should just take the MOS+ (3 or 5C) for spring warmth as an autocorrective device. haha.

I once won a bet with my entire office in grad school that UNV would reach 70 - it was a week out and our first true warmup of the year in early April 2008 (nothing even close to this MORCH, of course) - everyone thought I was nuts, MOS had us progged at a max of 63 or something... we hit 71.

Someone said "I got lucky because the sun came out for longer than expected" ... sore losers. I think I got a coffee/sub/and a couple drinks out of that bet...

This MORCH was apparent for ages ... usually 70s hold off until April ... but once the floodgates open and there's no onshore component, I have no problem bumping those numbers.

True... though seeing a fairly weak pressure gradient makes me hesitant.

Yeah, you're right... you generally need a strong synoptic flow to pump the warmth in here and keep the onshore mucus at bay ... I haven't paid that much attention to the models today (as an aside, working on a huge data crunch) ... so there may be a few flies in the oinment for next week.

Regardless, the departures in the OH Valley and Midwest are off the charts ridic... I think STL was 86 for a high yesterday, +34 for the high.

Warmest temp of the day at 45. Hopefully Saturday isn't too bad

Should be great according to the A+ student

Euro has BDL tickling 80 next weekend AWT..Just a full fledged summer weekend for St. Patty's Day. I am actually really looking forward to that. March madness starts Friday with day off from work and drinking all day and night..and then a summerlike weekend full of shorts, tees, and bikinis FTW

Well back this way, no question that MOS will likely be too low on 2-3 days....but it takes a special set of ingredients to put 82 up on a 7 day for the BOS area in mid March. I don't see them exactly coming together perfectly...or perhaps I should say...we don't have all the questions answered right now, for this area.

Archived