Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Taunton forecasting 79 for BDL next Thursday ... record is 75

How often do you see a NWS day 7 forecast a full 4 degrees higher than the record? That's gotta be rare

And probably a bad idea. I don't like forecasting record temperatures more than 48 hours out unless the record is an outlier (i.e. Monday's record high was like 6 or 7F lower than any other nearby dates) or unless the data is overwhelming.

And probably a bad idea. I don't like forecasting record temperatures more than 48 hours out unless the record is an outlier (i.e. Monday's record high was like 6 or 7F lower than any other nearby dates) or unless the data is overwhelming.

The extrapolated KFS has 89 for BDL.

You and esp Will are on the record for a wintry first week of April with accumulating snow in all of SNE.. no backing out now.Lines have been drawn in the snow(i mean sand)

I think at least CNE and NNE will have some more snow. I'll be surprised if they don't. It's obvious SNE is different, but I would not rule it out. I see no reason why higher elevations of SNE can't get a little more.

I think at least CNE and NNE will have some more snow. I'll be surprised if they don't. It's obvious SNE is different, but I would not rule it out. I see no reason why higher elevations of SNE can't get a little more.

I just don't get it..All winter you are cautious..telling us to not get excited..that most likely things will go wrong..now in spring..and in Early April you are wild about winter returning

I just don't get it..All winter you are cautious..telling us to not get excited..that most likely things will go wrong..now in spring..and in Early April you are wild about winter returning

That's not the point. 850 temps aren't all that cold. You keep missing the point that troughing in the east can lead to storminess. That in turn could be interesting for higher elevations. Nobody is locking in anything..especially for low spots or the coast.

The 6 hour KFS is more unreliable than the 84 hour NAM.

yeah it's easy to adjust for the KFS bias though:

march thru november you subtract 10F on daytime highs and 5F off dews, and cut the # of tstorm damage reports in half

November thru February you subtract 4" off the snowfall range, add 3F to daytime temps and subtract 6 hours from snowfall duration.

yeah it's easy to adjust for the KFS bias though:

march thru november you subtract 10F on daytime highs and 5F off dews, and cut the # of tstorm damage reports in half

November thru February you subtract 4" off the snowfall range, add 3F to daytime temps and subtract 6 hours from snowfall duration.

lolol

Archived