• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

SkiMRGs hair is slowly falling out to accommodate the warm.. hahaha...

I bet he's crying to his mama right now.

I bet he's skiing on the dark brown parking lot plow type snow right now.

Hey skiMRG how come no pictures of cold street today???

I love global warming.

Drip, drip, drip today...

IMG_3389_edited-1.jpg

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Exactly

We wind up with a very muted warm signal for March. In July/August this wouldn't be record warmth... it would be a stagnant and increasingly humid airmass.

I think 80s will be hard to reach in most locations. Upper 60s/low 70s the rule for the most part.

That's still a pretty good torch given the time of year...

Sure is warm bro, nice week, not epic and certainly not getting near 90 LST

At least up here, the record highs are going to be comical. The closest thing BTV can find to this is a stretch of 70 degree days at Saint Johnsbury in the northeast kingdom in 1903. They are forecasting record highs for 5 days in a row at every site, and not just by a couple degrees but by like 10-15F above the RECORDS (not normal).

I find that amazing... 1 in 100 year heat event for this time period based on the records that go back that far.

Don't you usually break records by like a degree or two, maybe 3F.... but man if we get a string of days that shatters records by over 10 degrees each day... wow. Record high at Montpelier being 58F and forecasting 72F, lol. 58F would be cool compared to what we are about to see.

RECORD BREAKING TEMPS ANTICIPATED ON SUNDAY AND INTO

NEXT WEEK...

THE RECORD IN BTV ON SUNDAY MARCH 18TH IS 62 SET BACK IN 1945...AND

OUR FCST TEMP AT BTV FOR SUNDAY IS 74F. MEANWHILE...THE RECORD HIGH

AT MPV IS ONLY 58 SET BACK IN 1966...AND WE ARE FORECASTING A HIGH

TEMP OF 72F ON SUNDAY MARCH 18TH.

At least up here, the record highs are going to be comical.  The closest thing BTV can find to this is a stretch of 70 degree days at Saint Johnsbury in the northeast kingdom in 1903.  They are forecasting record highs for 5 days in a row at every site, and not just by a couple degrees but by like 10-15F above the RECORDS (not normal).

I find that amazing... 1 in 100 year heat event for this time period based on the records that go back that far.

Well lets see what shakes out. The good news is Adam likes a -EPO -NAO for end of the month.

At least up here, the record highs are going to be comical. The closest thing BTV can find to this is a stretch of 70 degree days at Saint Johnsbury in the northeast kingdom in 1903. They are forecasting record highs for 5 days in a row at every site, and not just by a couple degrees but by like 10-15F above the RECORDS (not normal).

Yeah that's amazing stuff. NNE is going to absolutely rip a torch next week.

Down here it will be warm... but likely below record levels.

Well lets see what shakes out. The good news is Adam likes a -EPO -NAO for end of the month.

Yeah I do like the idea of a colder period and maybe even some snows again early April... but I'm just in awe with what the next 7 days could bring. I just can't wrap my head around breaking records *that* much... I mean BTV is a long-term climo site going back to 1882 and on Sunday they are forecasting 12F above the highest temp ever seen on that date in the last 130 years.

Absolutely. It's absolutely a torch.

Not sure why some people let their expectations get way beyond what the synoptic pattern would allow for.

No way. It's not a torch unless we're destroying record highs by at least 10 degrees. Definition. If we're just tying records, not even close to justifying a "torch"

</:weenie:>

Yeah I do like the idea of a colder period and maybe even some snows again early April... but I'm just in awe with what the next 7 days could bring.  I just can't wrap my head around breaking records *that* much... I mean BTV is a long-term climo site going back to 1882 and on Sunday they are forecasting 12F above the highest temp ever seen on that date in the last 130 years.

Gonna be special for sure. I am a little skeptical.

No way. It's not a torch unless we're destroying record highs by at least 10 degrees. Definition. If we're just tying records, not even close to justifying a "torch"

</ :weenie:>

Frisbee golf back to snowshoeing inside a weeks time? Brutal shock if the Euro is right, 80's to upper teens for highs for NNE

Absolutely. It's absolutely a torch.

Not sure why some people let their expectations get way beyond what the synoptic pattern would allow for.

Who had expectations of anything more though? Thats what I do not understand, just like in November when models show epic vodka cold, reality would suggest as the event nears temps would moderate and in this case cool. So far guidance has busted cool on the forecasted torch days this month, with fairly meager 850 temps. Interior new england is going to be very warm, with records being broken on a daily basis. For the coast, some sort of westerly wind component has to materialize or else its a very pleasant week of well above normal temps.

Either way its ridiculously warm for most of the northeast, the weather should be perfect for anything a weenie wants to do.

The whole dynamic of the discussion can be quite funny...many of the same people who tone down Kevin's enthusiasm for heavy snow totals in CT (like the 3/1 event) are the same ones who said widespread 80s is going to be a stretch too...and now people are railing on them for "downplaying the torch".

Yeah that's amazing stuff. NNE is going to absolutely rip a torch next week.

Down here it will be warm... but likely below record levels.

What I think is funny if this pans out... is the records up here at places like BTV, Montpelier, Saint Johnsbury (the long term climo sites) will be in the 50s and low 60s leading up to March 18th, then all the sudden you'll have a 5 day stretch of like low to mid 70s for records, then they'll drop back down in the 60s once this is all done, haha.

This week will stand out on the climate sheet.

Who had expectations of anything more though? Thats what I do not understand, just like in November when models show epic vodka cold, reality would suggest as the event nears temps would moderate and in this case cool. So far guidance has busted cool on the forecasted torch days this month, with fairly meager 850 temps. Interior new england is going to be very warm, with records being broken on a daily basis. For the coast, some sort of westerly wind component has to materialize or else its a very pleasant week of well above normal temps.

Either way its ridiculously warm for most of the northeast, the weather should be perfect for anything a weenie wants to do.

days and days of 70s/80s, all-time record warmth, 90s, warmest March on record, etc.

This is obscene... just read BTV's discussion to get the big picture here. Shattering record highs, overnight lows that are 10-15F above our "average highs", maybe some over 80F readings in the larger valleys, temperatures that are "normal" for mid-June.

.LONG TERM /MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY/...

AS OF 415 PM EDT FRIDAY...NO CHANGE TO WHAT WE EXPECT AS THE BIG

WEATHER EVENT NEXT WEEK. HEAT. IN FACT, IT WILL BE MORE LIKE MID-

JUNE WEATHER FOR SEVERAL DAYS NEXT WEEK. WE WILL DEFINITELY BE

SHATTERING RECORD HIGH TEMPERATURES MUCH OF THE WEEK. HERE ARE

DAILY SPECIFICS...

TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY: RIDGE BUILDS AND WARMTH COMES IN FULL FORCE.

WE`LL BE SEEING 850MB TEMPERATURES AROUND 10-11C, AND 925MB

TEMPERATURES AROUND 15C. WITH ALL THE SUN, WE SHOULD HAVE

EXCELLENT MIXING AND BE ABLE TO REALIZE ALL OF THAT WARMTH. THAT

SHOULD WORK OUT TO LOTS OF UPPER 70S IN THE LOWER ELEVATIONS. EVEN

HIGHER ELEVATIONS WILL TOP OUT ABOVE 70. WENT 78F AT BTV ON

TUESDAY (8 DEGREES ABOVE THE RECORD HIGH) AND 79F ON WEDNESDAY (11

DEGREES ABOVE THE RECORD). MOS GUIDANCE CONTINUES TO BE WAY TOO

COOL AS IT STILL IS USING WINTER EQUATIONS, WHICH ASSUME SNOW

COVER. IN FACT, THE LACK OF SNOW AND NO LEAVES OUT MAY MEAN THAT

WE COULD SEE REALLY GOOD NEAR SURFACE HEATING. IT IS NOT OUT OF

THE QUESTION THAT SOME LOCATIONS IN THE CHAMPLAIN AND LOWER

CONNECTICUT RIVER VALLEYS TOP OUT OVER 80F. OVER NIGHT LOWS WILL

BE IN THE UPPER 40S TO MID 50S -- EVEN THAT IS A GOOD 10-15

DEGREES ABOVE OUR NORMAL HIGHS. INCREDIBLE!

THURSDAY: STILL LOOKS VERY WARM WITH RECORD HIGHS AGAIN EXPECTED.

Jeez - if that extended Euro works out...kiss the warmest March ever good bye... That air mass at the tale end of that run, not to mention...any deeper with that trough (d10) and we're talking epic blizz, would correct all the warm damage down like a roofer with and heart attack

Jeez - if that extended Euro works out...kiss the warmest March ever good bye...  That air mass at the tale end of that run, not to mention...any deeper with that trough (d10) and we're talking epic blizz, would correct all the warm damage down like a roofer with and heart attack

Euro ENS fully on board

Well, it could still be in the top few warm March's, even if that verifies...

41F for a high here

I doubt it verifies frankly ... I have seen the model flip on massive field orientations on just about every run going D10 to 9 over the past 5 days. That solution is more of a result of spring time modeling stochastics. I bet in two runs it has a ridge back again.

Archived