e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part II

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeez - if that extended Euro works out...kiss the warmest March ever good bye... That air mass at the tale end of that run, not to mention...any deeper with that trough (d10) and we're talking epic blizz, would correct all the warm damage down like a roofer with and heart attack

Nothing is going to correct this warmth. I assume by this time next week all climo sites won't be far from +8 on the month. It would take the final week of the month averaging -23 to balance that out. Even if you could get a -10 week (and that hasn't happened since 1/22-31/2005), March still finishes +3-4 or so.

this winter has taken a toll on a lot of people.

hurricanejosh was frothing with delight over extreme cold and now powderfreak is all amped up over extreme warmth. :wacko2:

if BayBreeze-Rich mumbles anything about it being too hot this summer, I'll start taking all the 2012 doomsday stuff a lot more seriously.

lol... I'm just in awe. I'd rather keep the ski season around as long as possible but from a historical standpoint I find it fascinating when you compare the forecast highs to spots that have 100+ year data sets.

Nothing is going to correct this warmth. I assume by this time next week all climo sites won't be far from +8 on the month. It would take the final week of the month averaging -23 to balance that out. Even if you could get a -10 week (and that hasn't happened since 1/22-31/2005), March still finishes +3-4 or so.

Well .. the point from my perspective was that I was hoping to say, "I lived the warmest March ever". ...I mean, if the cosmic d is so hell-bent on ding dongin' us out of March too, may as well bathe in it...

Can'd do that if it +4

of course return flow underway...but damage done

Yep.... more than less along the lines of what I was discussing earier, about how the culprit set up that caused this schit to invade is half way to England by now, but the car wreck it left is still clogging the intersection.

Well .. the point from my perspective was that I was hoping to say, "I lived the warmest March ever". ...I mean, if the cosmic d is so hell-bent on ding dongin' us out of March too, may as well bathe in it...

Can'd do that if it +4

The cosmic D gets you a lot doesn't it? Why can't Mother Nature just deliver us 100-year blizzards and all the extreme weather we've ever wanted?!

Inland?

This is for my zip code 06825-which is Fairfield, CT right on the coast-lows near 50...LOL.

-

Saturday: Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, partly sunny, with a high near 59. North wind around 8 mph becoming east.

Saturday Night: Patchy fog after 4am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 40. South wind between 3 and 7 mph.

Sunday: Patchy fog before 9am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 60. Calm wind becoming south between 5 and 8 mph.

Sunday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 47. South wind around 5 mph becoming calm.

Monday: A slight chance of showers after noon. Mostly sunny, with a high near 65. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

Tuesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

Wednesday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 66.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 48.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

I doubt it verifies frankly ... I have seen the model flip on massive field orientations on just about every run going D10 to 9 over the past 5 days. That solution is more of a result of spring time modeling stochastics. I bet in two runs it has a ridge back again.

As we have both pointed out, we are entering a regime that promises low model verification scores. Many factors coming together to produce a highly chaotic state of the atmosphere ...bifurcating all over the place lol

What's mind blowing about this warmth is how far reaching it it. I mean Winnipeg just shattered a 140 year record for the earliest it's ever reached 19C. Their normal high is 0C. The projected high for Monday and Tuesday is 26C. That's just shy of a 50F departure. Unbelievable!

What's mind blowing about this warmth is how far reaching it it. I mean Winnipeg just shattered a 140 year record for the earliest it's ever reached 19C. Their normal high is 0C. The projected high for Monday and Tuesday is 26C. That's just shy of a 50F departure. Unbelievable!

This is just disgusting...

I wonder what the greatest daily departures New England has ever recorded at their climo stations?

WOW!!

It looks like the main core of the warm air is concentrated to the west of the Apps.

Archived