e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode III The Return of the Weenie

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That looks spot on Steve, looks like the meso's have moved north and warmed with round 1, i84 north storm in western ct, 3" for moosup?

Yea that is what i am thinking , up the hill in East Killingly to Foster should hit 5-6. Very close however to being bigger, depends on the lift, strong omega will overcome that paltry 800 warm tongue in the hills.

I worry about that more with the big wound up storms, with Dec. 92 being possibly the worst ever shadowing.

The much bigger concern for bust potential up here is bad snow growth IMO.

There could be some mild downsloping in the MA part of the CT Valley where an 070 wind comes off of much higher terrain as compared to down in CT...it wont be a lot...but if its a marginal 31-32F snow with lousy snow growth, then something like that could be an annoying difference maker.

Yea that is what i am thinking , up the hill in East Killingly to Foster should hit 5-6. Very close however to being bigger, depends on the lift, strong omega will overcome that paltry 800 warm tongue in the hills.

Obviously on the outside looking in here, but I cant wait to watch the battle between the mid levels and precip intensity and then later tonight against some decent ll cold drainage. Part two is also intriguing for the pike into northern ct..........enjoy the snow Steve!

There could be some mild downsloping in the MA part of the CT Valley where an 070 wind comes off of much higher terrain as compared to down in CT...it wont be a lot...but if its a marginal 31-32F snow with lousy snow growth, then something like that could be an annoying difference maker.

Yeah up in MA maybe some impact but here in CT I doubt any shadowing makes a difference. The one difference will be the lower elevations struggle a bit in the boundary layer.

lol no notable downsloping this time.

I worry about that more with the big wound up storms, with Dec. 92 being possibly the worst ever shadowing.

The much bigger concern for bust potential up here is bad snow growth IMO.

It does show up on the Hi res models..Look at that HRR that was posted.

BOX also tosses it out there. Hopefully it isn't an issue for you guys..but it could be somwhat of an annoyance

CURRENT

THINKING IS THERE WILL BE A SLIGHT PRECIPITATION SHADOW WITHIN

PORTIONS OF THE LOWER CT RIVER VALLEY DUE TO

STRONG EASTERLY FLOW.

Nice

Indeed it is. Looks to have the heaviest (at least the first portion) batch slide to Hartford/south. Not sure what we might take away from a timing situation. The GFS was a couple hours faster than the NAM bringing in precipitation. That may be the case looking at this radar. Hopefully it's temps don't follow suit.

It does show up on the Hi res models..Look at that HRR that was posted.

BOX also tosses it out there. Hopefully it isn't an issue for you guys..but it could be somwhat of an annoyance

CURRENT

THINKING IS THERE WILL BE A SLIGHT PRECIPITATION SHADOW WITHIN

PORTIONS OF THE LOWER CT RIVER VALLEY DUE TO

STRONG EASTERLY FLOW.

It won't be a factor down here. Up in Massachusetts maybe a minor one.

I am surprised to see temps in the 395 corridor a shade under 30; I might have a chance of 4+. Speaking of East Killingly, was working at a tower on North Rd, and what a spectacular view from up there 1

Archived