e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode III The Return of the Weenie

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Channel 22 out of Springfield is going 5-8" outside of the valley, 3-6 within.

Channel 40 is going 6-10+ outside and the same 3-6 in the lower valley.

They have kevin on the cusp of the 1-3/3-6. Of course, since he's not part of their demographic, I'm sure what happens there is just "noise" on their map (similar to how they depict NYS and southern ORH).

The W. Ma TV mets consistently go conservative on snow totals which isn't a bad thing. I talked to one of the ch. 22 guys last summer at a fair and he said he would always prefer to bust too low than too high. lol

Yeah I'm glad to battlezone is only for a couple towns in my area. We're toast down here. The SREFs show a decent thump of snow around 12z Thursday at BDL.

I do think that even for Union there is some drying around 500/550mb that effectively shuts off snow growth for a period of time so everyone goes to pingers. Whether we can start snowing again is to be determined but I'd feel pretty good about cashing in again if I lived just over the border in Mass.

Agreed....I think it may even ping up to my area in north Worcester briefly during that lull...the question is once that next round comes in...some models get the border towns good while others rot the sleet/snow line just north of the MA/CT border for like 6-10 hours. That would/could create a sharp gradient in that area.

I do think they'll get some Thursday too with the inverted trough/ULL stuff, but the best def looks to be north...esp NE MA toward Ray. But I could see 1-2" of slowly accumulating snow on Thu for N CT if it turns out right.

Agreed....I think it may even ping up to my area in north Worcester briefly during that lull...the question is once that next round comes in...some models get the border towns good while others rot the sleet/snow line just north of the MA/CT border for like 6-10 hours. That would/could create a sharp gradient in that area.

I do think they'll get some Thursday too with the inverted trough/ULL stuff, but the best def looks to be north...esp NE MA toward Ray. But I could see 1-2" of slowly accumulating snow on Thu for N CT if it turns out right.

It will be interesting to see if the models tick colder with that warm layer near 800mb. I think for the most part round 1 is snow up here (and I think it's not terriby impressive too) but round 2 is very borderline. Right now it's rain/sleet for MBY but we are only a 1C tick away from a snow burst tomorrow morning. So we'll see what happens it's going to be close.

Euro gives N Ct that much. You can't posibly be thinking less than 6 for Union

Euro is the coldest model...while it might have the right idea...even a 70/30 compromise with other guidance makes it very precarious for Union. I could see them getting 4-6" if it doesn't quite work out. Union is also in a better spot than just about all of the rest of the state in this...so even if they get 6-8", much of the rest of N CT could get 4-5".

Euro is the coldest model...while it might have the right idea...even a 70/30 compromise with other guidance makes it very precarious for Union. I could see them getting 4-6" if it doesn't quite work out. Union is also in a better spot than just about all of the rest of the state in this...so even if they get 6-8", much of the rest of N CT could get 4-5".

If 12z models tick colder then we'll see... but right now yeah most of northern CT gets under 6"

Are you just talking globals? The Hi-res stuff from NCEP looked pretty cold as well overnight.

Are you just talking globals? The Hi-res stuff from NCEP looked pretty cold as well overnight.

Well I didn't look at the NMM or ARW if you are referring to those...but I am including the NAM in this...Euro was actually solidly colder than the NAM in that N CT region which is surprising.

NAM definitely came in warmer for the 06z run compared to the 00z run.

Yeah that's what caused some hesitation for me going higher in Union...I was thinking it might come in colder after I saw the 00z Euro, but it ticked a hair warmer. But it wasn't by much...it could easily tick colder again at 12z....we'll find out in a little over an hour.

32 / 15 DP, NNE winds at kBos

SREF plumes mean 7.26" snowfall at 3z (vs. 7.4" at 21z)

Euro, 0Z-6Z Nam, 0Z-6Z GFS all show > 1" qpf

I'd say 4-6" is conservative for Boston but probably a safe place to start

Box and WHDH maps, you'll note WHDH bumped up a little overnight but still conservative

OT / "upstream obs": decent tornadoes moved through Missouri and Illinois

post-3106-0-39146700-1330519116.jpg

post-3106-0-52105900-1330518867.png

Archived