e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Obi-One-Marchobi Episode III The Return of the Weenie

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice for you guys but sort of blah here.

2-4" northern CT (4-6 far northwest) with 1-2 south of HFD.

Yeah well I don't quite buy those amounts here, but would be nice. I think part of the question mark here is the coastal front. If my winds stay NE, than maybe we can talk bigger amounts...but I think east winds will probably limit that a bit. I feel like Ray will do quite well finally.

Somebody has got to keep the weenies in check ;)

I'm looking at the BUFKIT from 06z NAM and it has rain from 10pm to 3am overnight tonight. It should be able to change back over (like I alluded to in my map I made last night) but there is no way they stay all snow with these kind of profiles. That's going to ultimately cut down on totals.

I feel like that would be sleet even though bufkit says rain...prob because it has a sfc temp of like 33F...but that is a pretty deep layer below freezing just off the deck under the warm tongue

edit: I guess if it comes down really light on thaty sounding it would be more of a drizzle or very light rain.

Yeah well I don't quite buy those amounts here, but would be nice. I think part of the question mark here is the coastal front. If my winds stay NE, than maybe we can talk bigger amounts...but I think east winds will probably limit that a bit. I feel like Ray will do quite well finally.

At least the NAM shows winds veering from 90 deg tonight to 60 or 50deg tomorrow morning. Better for BOS. Close call.

Just an educated guess. I do realize the euro was coldest and flipped you back to snow before dawn tomorrow so you have the chance of your 4-7" or whatever it is.

That's all we ask. I do think I'll sleet when the precip lightens..but shouldn't be hard to rip down a few more inches overnight twds dawn as it flips back to snow..probably all the way down to HFD

That's all we ask. I do think I'll sleet when the precip lightens..but shouldn't be hard to rip down a few more inches overnight twds dawn as it flips back to snow..probably all the way down to HFD

Well we'll see. There is a pesky warm layer at 800mb that will not go away. It would be nice if that happened, because it would be better up this way too. At least you'll be cold. Should be wintry no matter how you slice it where you are.

Ride the mesos like Wiz rides a stiff weenie, and as Brian says the Euro is a meso. 4-6 seems good for NCT, colder and higher initial thumpidity dump. All the mesos seem to indicate round 2 is more robust and getting better. Radar is just sick right now, beware an underforecast QPF, Will ,Pete should get destroyed.

A recommendation would be to not use any Amercian models,,Just an fyi type of thing

I will give you that the ECMWF soundings are colder and support mainly snow so hug all those non-american models today!

I feel like that would be sleet even though bufkit says rain...prob because it has a sfc temp of like 33F...but that is a pretty deep layer below freezing just off the deck under the warm tongue

edit: I guess if it comes down really light on thaty sounding it would be more of a drizzle or very light rain.

We shall see... again these are soundings, not necessarily what we will see in reality. I know I posted the GFS sounding, but I do think taking a NAM/ECMWF combo is probably the way to go thermodynamicly. I had CT bisected between the 2-5" and 5-8" range, so I feel pretty comfortable with those amounts for now.

Some of these surface temps don't bode well for a fast accumulation in most of CT and in the Pioneer Valley. Dewpoints (22 here) will help with things, but there must be some warm ground in a number of places.

Yeah we didn't radiate the way we were supposed to with the alto-stratus clouds that moved in around 03z last night. Fail.

I will give you that the ECMWF soundings are colder and support mainly snow so hug all those non-american models today!

We shall see... again these are soundings, not necessarily what we will see in reality. I know I posted the GFS sounding, but I do think taking a NAM/ECMWF combo is probably the way to go thermodynamicly. I had CT bisected between the 2-5" and 5-8" range, so I feel pretty comfortable with those amounts for now.

I'm thinking 2"-5" most of CT... less along shoreline.

HFD 2.5"... BDL 4"

Some of these surface temps don't bode well for a fast accumulation in most of CT and in the Pioneer Valley. Dewpoints (22 here) will help with things, but there must be some warm ground in a number of places.

33.2/24.8 at UMass. Would have liked to seen it a little colder to start. If it's dumping it should drop though, and radar suggests it will be.

Archived