12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
February 24-25 Severe/Wind/General obs/discussion

Ellinwood

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn, a neighbors trampoline at the far end of the street here is now halfway down the road in the middle of the road. Its a pretty good size trampoline, that wind is whipping pretty good. DP 2 recorded a 46 mph gust as the highest so far here in the burg

That's not cool that they didn't have the trampoline anchored. We had something come through here during a thunderstorm last July that brought down 2 mature trees in my yard and tore the roof off of the house up the road. I thought it was a small tornado from what I saw after. I wasn't home and I'm not qualified to judge damage and LWX never noted it. But our kids' big trampoline in the yard didn't move. :grad:

Pretty significant fire on my block (not typical to have 15 firetrucks on such a narrow street). PD on scene too. I have a hard time believing this wasn't related to the wind. No power outage on rest of street, though so maybe not. Maybe they just decided to have a fire in their backyard despite the winds. Occupants are OK it seems.

Sorry for OT but could be wind damage related.

I must live in the most boring part of town. I swear some of you always seem to have roofs ripping off, trees coming down, fires starting, transformers blowing and general chaos in the streets while I look out my window and see a light breeze most times.

You have a 2012-proof zone ;) - We are all doomed. :lol:

EDIT: Was informed that the homeowners dumped out charcoal from a grill near their house and that is how the fire started. Stupid...

You have a 2012-proof zone ;) - We are all doomed. :lol:

EDIT: Was informed that the homeowners dumped out charcoal from a grill near their house and that is how the fire started. Stupid...

Out in Oakland there always seems to be some wind-related issue, so I guess that makes up for it. I always laugh at BethesdaBoy's wind damage reports. If you transplanted his apparently flimsy house to the ridge in Oakland we inhabit it would be blown to bits in a day or so. The wind never ceases there.

Archived