• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 19th 2012 Winter Storm Obs./Disc.

WilkesboroDude

That last band didn't really turn out too well here. We got about 15 minutes of light snow, but that's it. Looks like we are done now.

Yeah it looked like I-40 ate it. Maybe they have heat lamps out or something ;)

RAH bought the idea of the bands too. They changed my forecast at like 11pm to 1-2" of additional nighttime accumulation. Recently they took that part back out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The final disturbance has almost passed, now it's back to hyped fantasy threads like a soon to be GFS March 1-2. It is currently showing another Winter Storm for the Southeast. I enjoyed the discussions today and appreciate all the input from HKYwx, Raleighwx, Phil882, Eyewall, Foothills, Gawx, EasternNc and all the major weenies that make it enjoyable. Hopefully next time we will have a barn burner to talk about.

The final disturbance has almost passed, now it's back to hyped fantasy threads like a soon to be GFS March 1-2. It is currently showing another Winter Storm for the Southeast. I enjoyed the discussions today and appreciate all the input from HKYwx, Raleighwx, Phil882, Eyewall, Foothills, Gawx, EasternNc and all the major weenies that make it enjoyable. Hopefully next time we will have a barn burner to talk about.

thats terrible for a se snow storm other than nc/nw sc possibly at the onset. best frame i see..

usapcpprstmp850mb252l.gif

Cary ended up with a light dusting of snow (didn't even cover all the gum balls in the yard). The roads are clear and getting to work in Raleigh this morning was no problem (no black ice to speak of, even on the overpasses).

So, when't the next winter event? :guitar:

It's official CLT airport recorded a trace of snow last night. So we are officially not snowless this winter.

Yeah, the hour or so of sleet/snow I got last night prevents this ugly winter from throwing a no-no at us. The CLT snow triangle continues to live up to its name...... :axe:

Yeah, the hour or so of sleet/snow I got last night prevents this ugly winter from throwing a no-no at us. The CLT snow triangle continues to live up to its name...... :axe:

lol the worst part of all of it was that I didn't even get to see it. There was some very light snow and when I mean light I mean it was more like a light drizzle..it was hard to tell if it was rain or snow...I just assumed it was snow because of the sleet and how cold it was aloft.

I measured 4 in at 9:00 pm .The snow would come down goo d for a while but then back off .When I went to bed at 11:15 it was still coming down pretty good .When we left church ,around 2:00, I was beginning to wonder if we would get anything.Not a monster storm but giving what we haven't had this winter i'll take it and be thrilled to have seen it.

thats terrible for a se snow storm other than nc/nw sc possibly at the onset. best frame i see..

As depicted, this 0Z GFS frame does not represent a major snowstorm. It is a major CAD induced IP/ZR storm. Of course, nothing close is on the 6Z.

Raysweather had the following comments and satellite picture of the snow posted this morning:

Here's the morning visible satellite photograph showing the extent of the snow cover over our region. Check out how far south the snow got into the central NC Piedmont! Meanwhile, the big winners were the folks in KY/WV/VA with amounts ranging from 4-8 inches, and even some localized amounts around 10 inches.

I also added NWS totals sent out by Brad Pancovich as well as NWS KRNK snow totals map.

post-581-0-47389700-1329758499.jpg

post-581-0-24250400-1329760222.jpg

post-581-0-92927100-1329760237.jpg

Archived