joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb. 19th 2012 Winter Storm Obs./Disc.

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see that precip around mt airy come this way but I think it will start going more East rather than SE as the Low moves further North off the Coast. Of course some of you near the Border and Northern Triad have a better chance or are seeing it already. Of course I'm hoping for more.

Had close to an inch earlier but some ground melt has since occurred and down to 1/2 to 3/4 or so.

Flakes are starting to fly again... What a bonus this is. Was about to hit the sack, checked radar, looked out the window and flurries have started back up... Wonder if those heavier returns are gonna make it this far south?

It's hard to see on the regular NWS radar but if you pull up the Charlotte TDWR long range the movement looks very promising.

Looks like another pretty good band is about to pass over Reidsville... some 25dbz returns about to go over head.

Yepp.I can't believe I was 5 min away from going to bed before I saw this on radar.Really glad I stayed up.

Hopefully you get in on some good bands and rack up a quick inch or two.

The band is definitely weakening...everywhere except Rockingham county. Hope you get some nice additional accumulation.

Thanks man,

the band is starting to weaken here too.But it looks better to the NW so I think we could some more here.And I would think you might get in the action too.

Archived