joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How's it looking for the MA? Everyone in our sector must have gone to bed... Really like the trends tonight

Not that great for the MA...maybe 0.05-0.10 qpf for DCA-BWI...and BL is pretty warm...but probably interior folks with a bit of elevation would see some accum.

Will (not trying to get the weenies amped up) but just askin if this has much more potential from a 5h standpoint to be more than advisory level

Not a lot IMHO...I mean I guess it could amp up enough to give a 6" amount to someone, but it really seems a 2-5" event is probably the ceiling for this...we'd need to see the southern stream really trend a lot stronger for it to be bigger...or see an unusual deepening trend in the northern stream for only 48-60h out...I think 1-3" is a reasonable expectation...but there is some reason to be optimistic and hope for something a bit more than that as a solid advisory snow.

significant improvement on euro (as will and others have said)

verbatim:

earlier timing of onset, looks like as early as noon, ~10-11hr event

BL issues get much closer to boston however

kbos futility record falls on this run with > .25" qpf, euro predicted snowfall totals 2-3"

What are the ensembles showing?

Euro ens mean doesn't look too bad...GEFS have about half (or slightly less) the members being kind of bullish and half being not much like the OP.

The non-GFS globals though tonight have really hit the closer synoptic track.

Euro coming in more amped...has 0.25" qpf from about HFD to ORH eastward. A pretty solid trend on all global guidance tonight.

This one def has potential...the longitude of SNE might help here...and with a moisture source to our south.

06z NAM is a lot more impressive too...we might need to start watching this a little closer for an event that gives some areas 3"+...the trend has definitely been toward that.

Hopefully everyone gets excited about this today. This one has trended exactly the direction mny of us thought it would. Let;s get some positivity in here today.Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :scooter:

6z gfs hardly has anything inland FWIW. 3-5" for the cape if they can avoid BL problems.

good luck folks, but beware the BL issues all the models are showing all of us having

yesterday was proof that if the models show problems with the BL, you will certainly have them

6Z NAM is real warm at the surface

good luck folks, but beware the BL issues all the models are showing all of us having

yesterday was proof that if the models show problems with the BL, you will certainly have them

Welcome to life in Richmond Va boys

The NAM didn't look too bad to me. The hills would probably be near 32F and the CP cooling to a wet snow in that 33-35F area before the flash freeze. WBZs are fairly low.

The NAM didn't look too bad to me. The hills would probably be near 32F and the CP cooling to a wet snow in that 33-35F area before the flash freeze. WBZs are fairly low.

I was looking at hrs 57, 60 & 63

the freezing line and +10C locations with respect to say Boston were very similar to what it had for us yesterday

http://mag.ncep.noaa...R&prevImage=yes

Archived