12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odd elongation to the low to the SE, makes you wonder if it's having some issues in deciding where to develop it. Not buying it unless most of the rest of the suite (Euro) comes in with a key so far NW.

Could be classic NAM suck, but maybe not.

I agree...1-3" unless other guidance confirms.

Yeah I think this would be good in between BOS and Gay, but nrly winds should help out as the low develops quickly. Of course, if it were to play out like that.

that would be a great way to break out of this slump up your way, pts n and w.

definitely makes the rest of the 12z runs entertaining. it's way out of step with the srefs but that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong.

that would be a great way to break out of this slump up your way, pts n and w.

definitely makes the rest of the 12z runs entertaining. it's way out of step with the srefs but that doesn't necessarily mean it's wrong.

It looks like a March storm with such a garbage boundary layer. It's actually pretty chilly above 800mb so that helps I guess.

NAM has tremendous VVs down by the Cape.

That southern piece of energy looked really juiced on the NAM. That was the one I mentioned the other day to watch out for as it came out of the NW. It was originally getting sheared out as it rounded the base of the trough. Now the NAM has it as a potent piece of energy along with most other guidance. This storm really can become amped up if this piece of energy is for real.

Well west is a relative term in this system. You have a huge PV sitting up just N of the GL that will prevent a cutter. Depending upon how sharp the trough is, this thing can come W some.

Yeah, this system would not be a cutter but a sharper trough and stronger vort like we see here will bring this system NW, Not buying it until the rest of the 12z suite comes out but have to be encouraged after the runs last night shifted NW and now the nam has as well at 12z

That southern piece of energy looked really juiced on the NAM. That was the one I mentioned the other day to watch out for as it came out of the NW. It was originally getting sheared out as it rounded the base of the trough. Now the NAM has it as a potent piece of energy along with most other guidance. This storm really can become amped up if this piece of energy is for real.

Can see where the NAM is running with the elongation...there's the two pieces of energy and it may be squashing the southern piece a bit too fast as it sometimes did back when we had actual storms to track. Wouldn't be the first time it's amping too much on the main energy, but we'll see what the rest of the models show.

The euro had the southern piece of energy oo back on 00z yesterday.

Hey guys  i read a lot of yalls stuff up here. I quess would be called trolling maybe but, i have learned a lot from yall and very interesting talk and very intertaining! Hope yall get hammered this weekend. Looks like my neck of the woods will be some snow as well. Good luck guys.

Not trolling at all, yea looks like you get some cover too. Hopefully this pans out dynamically then sets us all up for a presidents blast, good luck

where are you going?

i wouldn't worry about missing a blockbuster quite yet. LOL.

Where you going

A couple more ticks NW and maybe we do damn well.

Center Harbor....Lakes Region NH. Working on some things with the house my folks got.

Dendrite I'm torn...do I want a huge nw trend so I get snow up there, because I'll screw myself at home..lol. Besides, if I miss 2-4"..I won't care.

Archived