Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

Previous discussion.

Continue any model/storm discussion here for the weekend threat. Keep it on topic. We let the last thread go in the ****ter. Banter, whining and bitching can go in the banter/obs thread.

12z runs today did not offer up any definitive answers. Looks like a general light snowfall but the possibility of a whiff is real too.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll still have to watch for potential of a localized inverted trough enhancement area...instability is pretty good and we have plenty of low level moisture to work with so its certainly possible we see some sort of enhancement where any LL convergence can set up.

We'll still have to watch for potential of a localized inverted trough enhancement area...instability is pretty good and we have plenty of low level moisture to work with so its certainly possible we see some sort of enhancement where any LL convergence can set up.

Seems like the MA might actually have a shot at that.

So as of right now ..you like a general 1-3 for all of SNE?

So as of right now ..you like a general 1-3 for all of SNE?

I think he means the potential is there for areas to get 1-3" if the euro works out like that. I agree as well, but it's not out of the question that we see a development further east and we are left with trying to get lucky with snow showers or an inv trough.

verbatim seems like BL issues for most of SNE, at least initially on the 18z NAM

yeah it'll depend on the evolution. some progs would definitely signal some liquid potentially at the onset...flipping over. that's a nuance that's hard to get specific on right now though.

the euro would be a colder outcome with its solution. actually it even does a nice job of cooling the surface temps in response to heavier precip out here IMBY sat PM - while it has the main 35F isotherm way west up in NW MA it has a closed contour of 30-35F temps centered right over the Cape as it gets the heavier/steadier precip up and through the area during the afternoon - just shows how subtle things play into it.

yeah it'll depend on the evolution. some progs would definitely signal some liquid potentially at the onset...flipping over. that's a nuance that's hard to get specific on right now though.

the euro would be a colder outcome with its solution. actually it even does a nice job of cooling the surface temps in response to heavier precip out here IMBY sat PM - while it has the main 35F isotherm way west up in NW MA it has a closed contour of 30-35F temps centered right over the Cape as it gets the heavier/steadier precip up and through the area during the afternoon - just shows how subtle things play into it.

The band of snow accompanying the front and just behind it like the NAM had, does make sense to me. I guess several things are up in the air, but this had flash freeze all over it, if it did happen.

The band of snow accompanying the front and just behind it like the NAM had, does make sense to me. I guess several things are up in the air, but this had flash freeze all over it, if it did happen.

yeah you can even see the 2m temps crash on just about all products too. looks on some charts like the kind of thing where it starts as a mix or rain or very wet snow or whatnot with temps in the middle/high 30s and then suddenly plummets as the front sags through.

Not sure why you are so down on this. This is going to lay down a nice blanket of white over most of us.

Honestly, I'm just bustin' your chops. I'm not going to be here, anyways. I'm not very excited about it personally, but I wouldn't rule out some weenie band from either an inv trough deal, or a band along and just behind the front. It just looks kind of meh to me.

Archived