• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 11/12 Storm Disco II

Baroclinic Zone

Honestly, I'm just bustin' your chops. I'm not going to be here, anyways. I'm not very excited about it personally, but I wouldn't rule out some weenie band from either an inv trough deal, or a band along and just behind the front. It just looks kind of meh to me.

I just think the PHAILURE of this winter has jaded you. I remember days when you were positive and enthusiastic about events like this.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just think the PHAILURE of this winter has jaded you. I remember days when you were positive and enthusiastic about events like this.

I'm usually positive if I have some good feelings about it. I think you are looking at it wrong, or think I have the wrong impression. It's still a little shaky to me, and very well might depend on some luck of getting renegade snow showers coming through. I'm just not getting excited about something that may be questionable, 3 days out. I also think you are hoping this is going to be bigger than progged,and you may be disappointed. Like I said, I'm not saying no to this entire thing, I'm just not sure if it will be all that widespread. This may have mesoscale things with it, and those won't be resolved for a couple of days. If I was jaded, I wouldn't have posted about how any blocking up north might lead to more interesting outcomes next week, in the other thread. I'm just being realistic.

I'm usually positive if I have some good feelings about it. I think you are looking at it wrong, or think I have the wrong impression. It's still a little shaky to me, and very well might depend on some luck of getting renegade snow showers coming through. I'm just not getting excited about something that may be questionable, 3 days out. I also think you are hoping this is going to be bigger than progged,and you may be disappointed. Like I said, I'm not saying no to this entire thing, I'm just not sure if it will be all that widespread. This may have mesoscale things with it, and those won't be resolved for a couple of days. If I was jaded, I wouldn't have posted about how any blocking up north might lead to more interesting outcomes next week, in the other thread. I'm just being realistic.

MEH..You are

MEH..You are

Trust me, I'm tired of questionable events. Pretty much every event that has caused a crappy feeling inside me, has happened. You made fun of me for being a Debbie this year, but I've had every right to be one. I don't debbie just to debbie...I'm not like that. This winter has grown tiresome, and the superbowl didn't help..lol. Just do me a favor and please take care of the Giants next year. You let them go.

In any case, hopefully you have a 1-2 hr period of heavy snows behind the front. Is that better?

Trust me, I'm tired of questionable events. Pretty much every event that has caused a crappy feeling inside me, has happened. You made fun of me for being a Debbie this year, but I've had every right to be one. I don't debbie just to debbie...I'm not like that. This winter has grown tiresome, and the superbowl didn't help..lol. Just do me a favor and please take care of the Giants next year. You let them go.

In any case, hopefully you have a 1-2 hr period of heavy snows behind the front. Is that better?

Now that calls for some classic Kiss. A little Dr Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ4x2iiFeyE&feature=related

OT but Schwoegler's best was a forecast when a hurricane was threatening us but not a serious threat. He pulled out all stops because the winds were SE at MWN. I remember thinking...WTF? He was saying that was the steering current. I think he woke up 6 hours later naked and an empty bottle of scotch on his big toe....

OT but Schwoegler's best was a forecast when  a hurricane was threatening us but not a serious threat.  He pulled out all stops because the winds were SE at MWN.  I remember thinking...WTF?  He was saying that was the steering current.  I think he woke up 6 hours later naked and an empty bottle of scotch on his big toe....

I remember those broadcasts as if they were yesterday. He was not alone in calling for 35-40 inches in NE CT. The best part was I got 40 inches in Maine as i was there!!!

I remember getting all tingly looking at the 30-40 inch forecasts but then I remembered it was Bruce and the hurricane prog 30 years earlier came to mind.....

The funny thing is..the October snowbomb seems like it was yesterday to me. I literally feel like it just happened..Can remember every detail about the days leading up to it and the event itself..when we're actually approaching 4 months already. It's hard to believe just how bad this winter has been and how much time we've all spent tracking nothing

i'm a newbie to this terminology... what does "debbie" mean?

LOL. Debbie Downer.

Ryan is your classic example of that and is why I initially coined the phrase here on the board a few winters ago., Someone who rains on everyones snow parade..constantly downplays things,, looks for what can go wrong instead of what can go right and drinks out of a glass that is always half empty..it's really no way to go thru life

LOL. Debbie Downer.

Ryan is your classic example of that and is why I initially coined the phrase here on the board a few winters ago., Someone who rains on everyones snow parade..constantly downplays things,, looks for what can go wrong instead of what can go right and drinks out of a glass that is always half empty..it's really no way to go thru life

Kev... for the first time in years here and Easternwx, you've made me lol, literally...

I was being sarcastic.

(i obviously know what debbie downer is... and you can't get more of a debbie downer than your comment "this winter has destroyed our lives". but you were probably being sarcastic too...)

If anything, this titanic of a winter has brought out personalities... a SNE gtg would be nice when this is behind us.

Zone forecast now mentioning some light accumulations.....BTV not ready to go likely POPs on Sunday yet though.

Friday Night

Snow showers likely. Light snow accumulation possible. Lows around 8 above. Northwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Saturday

Snow showers likely. Additional light snow accumulation possible. Highs around 10 above. Chance of snow 60 percent.

Sunday

Mostly cloudy with a 50 percent chance of snow showers. Highs 5 to 10 above.

LOL...well played. Tomorrow doesn't know that it's been very warm the last few months, but wait, tomorrow will be above average too. Maybe it does have a persona?

Well the jet stream does seem to lock into a certain pattern each winter, where one regime dominates for all but a few days here and there. Last year it was the -NAO block that lasted from early December to late January, and then came back again in late March/early April. So it's not akin to the dice analogy of the dice not knowing what you rolled last time...

Archived