• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Feb 10-12 storm threat, real or imagined?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right I did and I admit it. You gave on Fb and twitter just not on here

LOL making fun of the torch on the euro and commenting on it probably being closer to reality is a little different. This specific threat has always been mentioned. The only time I said confidence was waning on this threat was this morning. It's just that..a threat for now.

LOL making fun of the torch on the euro and commenting on it probably being closer to reality is a little different. This specific threat has always been mentioned. The only time I said confidence was waning on this threat was this morning. It's just that..a threat for now.

I mean on the pattern overall and the torch coming back like the Euro ens have been showing

I mean on the pattern overall and the torch coming back like the Euro ens have been showing

I still think it will, but like we said in the last 48 hrs...we have a big difference in models and even if the EC is more correct.....if it gets rid of the -PNA just a bit, it could have a big outcome here in terms of sensible wx. When guidance is that far apart, on something that is as close as 10 days out...it's usually good to compromise. Honestly, I don't care if it gets into the 50s...it would just be nice to have a threat..and I don't see why the period near the 10-12th or so should be given up on just yet. Maybe it's too far offshore or cuts west..but a threat is just that...a threat.

That is bs Steve. You quit yesterday and told me that I was a day late in giving up .

Kev this was my towel post

I concede, shaved my hair, threw in the towel, putting in triple A callups, might score a few runs but will go to Maine to get my winter kicks. So sad so sorry.

also said next post

Good 5 day period from the 10 th on

AWT things looking good next week

Cmon Rev... lol

Move on

Snowless Feb enroute

Gotta know when to hold and when to fold...yesterday nothing pointed fold..today everything does..fold

Baseball season is coming up quickly now. Won't have a mud season unless we get alot of rain this month... It'll give us all a chance to get lawns started early. Only 3 positives I see

Only a matter of time

Move on

I urge folks to move on. Chances are high we do not see any accumulating snow the rest of the winter. Dead serious

I'm not suicidal or melting down or anything. I'm facing reality..You should too dude. Give it up.

I noticed you have to some degree because you aren't posting much anymore..That's always a telltale sign

It's just amazing how all these good pattern changes have morphed into nothing. With all modelling and ens losing the snow possibility Feb 10-12 today it's just hard to believe.it's happened again. With March lost I was just hoping we would have a fun 2-3 week period this month..but even that has now been taken away from us.

If the Euro en are correct we're all back in the 60's in 2 weeks in what was supposed to be a snowy period

There is nothing indice wise, model wise, ens wise or otherwise that is pointing to any lind of a storm threat in this time period or any time period thru the middle of the month. Other than mundane frontal passages..that's all we;ve got

Move along

Thanks Will. Phase 7 MJO events during a La Nina support the look of the models next week. Assuming we continue to head into phase 8 as the warming mid-stratosphere continues to downwell, I don't see why we can't get some of these threats to materialize.

2005-06 has actually become a decent match as well as 52-53.

I know I'm being an IMBY weenie, but those were two awful winters for my area, 6th and 4th lowest snowfall in 119 yr record. In 52-53 I was a twerp in NNJ in a winter marked mainly by a major January ice storm, but 2005-06 is a clear (and unpleasant) memory - least snowfall for any February in Farmington's records, 1893 on, and only 6.3" for FMA, or 15% of the avg for those months.

Of course, the MA wouldn't mind seeing Feb 2006 repeated.

I know I'm being an IMBY weenie, but those were two awful winters for my area, 6th and 4th lowest snowfall in 119 yr record. In 52-53 I was a twerp in NNJ in a winter marked mainly by a major January ice storm, but 2005-06 is a clear (and unpleasant) memory - least snowfall for any February in Farmington's records, 1893 on, and only 6.3" for FMA, or 15% of the avg for those months.

Of course, the MA wouldn't mind seeing Feb 2006 repeated.

We can be hurt by a strong -NAO here no doub't

That's a congrats ORH to dendrite.

I just care its there, details to be ironed out but give me a HP in Quebec and I will take a chance its colder than progged. Lets get the bus warmed up so by the time the Giants win it is rolling on the first tour since the Halloween Western Central NE tour.

Archived