• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Feb 10-12 storm threat, real or imagined?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Euro has been far from king this season.

If the GFS/GEM is right about a polar vortex dropping and sharp trough into the northeast, a chance at a phase of northern and southern streams for the 10-12th timeframe... this looks like the best setup we've had in a long time. As we await the Euro, I won't be surprised to see an abrupt weenie run now or as we get closer in the next few days.

Euro ensembles did improve their look from 00z for the Feb 11-12 period, still not as good looking as GEFS/GGEM ensemble mean but definitely a step better. Looks a little more Miller B-ish than the other guidance.

Thanks Will. Phase 7 MJO events during a La Nina support the look of the models next week. Assuming we continue to head into phase 8 as the warming mid-stratosphere continues to downwell, I don't see why we can't get some of these threats to materialize.

2005-06 has actually become a decent match as well as 52-53.

Euro ensembles did improve their look from 00z for the Feb 11-12 period, still not as good looking as GEFS/GGEM ensemble mean but definitely a step better. Looks a little more Miller B-ish than the other guidance.

Thanks Will. Phase 7 MJO events during a La Nina support the look of the models next week. Assuming we continue to head into phase 8 as the warming mid-stratosphere continues to downwell, I don't see why we can't get some of these threats to materialize.

2005-06 has actually become a decent match as well as 52-53.

Yeah that's an improvement right there. Stick with the signal.

AMOUTEK

Archived