• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Feb 10-12 storm threat, real or imagined?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me say this, the Euro Ens run has the biggest weenie storm of the year, 13-14th man if only. it just rots a 984 storm south of LI for 12 hrs then moves it to the BM for another 12. Precip totals are over 1.75 Very bullish on the 8th 9th storm too. Runs a cutter the 17th then back to Cold

Let me say this, the Euro Ens run has the biggest weenie storm of the year, 13-14th man if only. it just rots a 984 storm south of LI for 12 hrs then moves it to the BM for another 12. Precip totals are over 1.75 Very bullish on the 8th 9th storm too. Runs a cutter the 17th then back to Cold

big...big...winter in..coming?

Where do you see this? I see the EC ensembles, and see nothing of the sort.

hmmm, it is on there, what does yours show for the 234-252 time frame at the surface, interesting.

On my site and on Allan's site, I barely even see a low pressure center. It's not a big deal since at hr 240 and beyond, we can sometimes have a big spread, but I don't see a signal even remotely that strong. I do however, see the signal.

I'm not saying I disagree....but I don't see anything remotely that strong, and I can see the ensembles every 6 hrs.

On my site and on Allan's site, I barely even see a low pressure center. It's not a big deal since at hr 240 and beyond, we can sometimes have a big spread, but I don't see a signal even remotely that strong. I do however, see the signal.

I'm not saying I disagree....but I don't see anything remotely that strong, and I can see the ensembles every 6 hrs.

Who drinks at 0830 on a Saturday? Besides saving that up for the GIANT victory tomorrow. IDK man just what I saw this Am. Yea not seeing crapola on Allans site either. look forward to the storm on the 9th though, that looks real.

it's like the main run that helps define all the other ensemble members. so it's not just that the op gets run and then immediately the ens are run. the control run is kind of like having an op run in charge of the ensembles...in a way

yea I got educated , thanks. Control FTW? lOl

http://mathsci.ucd.i...s/ECMWF-EPS.pdf

ECMWF Ensemble Prediction Systemconsists of one control forecast startingfrom the best guess initial conditions,and 50 members starting from slightlyperturbed initial conditions. The leftpanels show the initial mean sea levelpressure for the control run starting on22 January 2009 (top left) and for oneof the ensemble members (bottom left).The differences between these startingconditions are hardly visible. However,these similar initial conditions produceforecasts that are very different after only48 hours forecast time

Archived