• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
The Feb 10-12 storm threat, real or imagined?

Ginx snewx

yeah i hate even digging down into anything at this time frame. it's just so boring right now it's hard not too start looking at these things in greater detail...it's a sickness.

Yeah I hear ya...I usually look at the 35F isotherm for snow on the Euro when aloft is plenty cold enough...and it runs from just south of BOS to PVD to HFD (or maybe a shade south of HFD) which is where I got snow NW of that line...might be a 33-34F snow in BOS, but it falls at night so it would probably stick....if we took this verbatim. Euro loves to set up CFs around my area when it usually happens further east.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i hate even digging down into anything at this time frame. it's just so boring right now it's hard not too start looking at these things in greater detail...it's a sickness.

Obsession, trying to pick out positives this year is hard. You were absent during your snowstorm, missed your obs. How much did you get, great storm.

Yeah I hear ya...I usually look at the 35F isotherm for snow on the Euro when aloft is plenty cold enough...and it runs from just south of BOS to PVD to HFD (or maybe a shade south of HFD) which is where I got snow NW of that line...might be a 33-34F snow in BOS, but it falls at night so it would probably stick....if we took this verbatim. Euro loves to set up CFs around my area when it usually happens further east.

Kudos to you for mentioning this 8/9 time period before any model started to show anything, hope it holds.

Obsession, trying to pick out positives this year is hard. You were absent during your snowstorm, missed your obs. How much did you get, great storm.

i had 9.75-10". actually may have been a touch more had i been a bit better about measuring but both my kids were sick and my wife was working all day so it was a challenge to measure, post obs and follow twitter etc.

there was a 12.3" that came in from S. dennis (seems a bit too high imo) which is pretty close to me so i'd be "ok" if someone said it was it was more like 10.5 or 11...but i'm going officially with 9.75"

i had 9.75-10". actually may have been a touch more had i been a bit better about measuring but both my kids were sick and my wife was working all day so it was a challenge to measure, post obs and follow twitter etc.

there was a 12.3" that came in from S. dennis (seems a bit too high imo) which is pretty close to me so i'd be "ok" if someone said it was it was more like 10.5 or 11...but i'm going officially with 9.75"

nice! yea trying to do all that and weenie out is tough. Love my kids and grand kids more than anything in this world but the best weenie storm i had last year was Jan 27th , everyone sleeping and zero distractions.

Both the Feb 8-9 threat and the Feb 11-12 threats or any surrounding threats are going to be brutal on the models until they figure out how to handle the multiple pieces of energy leftover from the Rex block AND how to handle the PV sinking south from Canada.

Heavy Heavy cold and dry next weekend on the gfs. Verbatim probably double digit negatives for highs up near PF...maybe teens down here in SNE after lows around 0..but that's next Saturday after a slightly above average week overall. And obviously its a week out do unlikely to happen to that magnitude.

I'll pass, lol. Snowmaking is all done, the snowpack is in place, everything is skiable including the woods. A rock solid 40" at 3,000ft and 20" of glacier at 1,500ft... no need for brutal cold anymore haha.

The only good part is usually those arctic airmasses come with upslope and 6" of arctic front snowfall.

Archived