• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
The Feb 10-12 storm threat, real or imagined?

Ginx snewx

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both the nam and gfs hinting at that today, gfs was pretty close, you have mentioned this for a couple days.

About half of the GFS ensembles have it and the Euro ensembles certainly hinted at it. There's room in the synoptic setup for something there provided we eject energy from the rotted Rex block in time. There's like 2 or 3 pieces of leftover energy in the mix so it won't be modeled well at all.

Thaqt seems like it would likely be squashed out south of us with the PV crushing it

The Feb 8-9 potential would be before the PV gets far enough south to squash it...its more the the Feb 11 potential that is racing the PV as it tries to push all that gulf moisture up against the east side of the PV wall....but here you can see the PV is still well north of the disturbance on Feb 8-9

105qyi1.jpg

About half of the GFS ensembles have it and the Euro ensembles certainly hinted at it. There's room in the synoptic setup for something there provided we eject energy from the rotted Rex block in time. There's like 2 or 3 pieces of leftover energy in the mix so it won't be modeled well at all.

Nice, potential for something to sneak up on us next week? <Maybe, maybe not, but those have always been my favorite snows.

I'd just like to congratulate all of you for following a day 7-10 threat.

Guys, C'MON! have you not learned this winter? Haven't looked at a model in 3 days and I am better for it. Although whoever posted that 12z GFS 192 image kind of blew it.

I'll say it again, IF THIS THREAT IS STILL ON THE TABLE ON MONDAY I'LL START A THREAD. I have gotten SNE their only snowstorm of the winter! Fricken Kevin blew it on the last storm cause he started the thread when I told him not to. Come Monday When I'm rewatching Stephen Gostkowski's Winning SB kick on DVR and the storm is still there, I'll start a thread!

Goodbye Liver.

Guys, C'MON! have you not learned this winter? Haven't looked at a model in 3 days and I am better for it. Although whoever posted that 12z GFS 192 image kind of blew it.

I'll say it again, IF THIS THREAT IS STILL ON THE TABLE ON MONDAY I'LL START A THREAD. I have gotten SNE their only snowstorm of the winter! Fricken Kevin blew it on the last storm cause he started the thread when I told him not to. Come Monday When I'm rewatching Stephen Gostkowski's Winning SB kick on DVR and the storm is still there, I'll start a thread!

Goodbye Liver.

I hope you start another thread, last time you did I got 8 inches of pow pow, thanks!

Goodbye Liver.

I hear they're well along in the testing process in plastic replacement livers in Leominster. No worries chief

I hear what you're saying. But this may be a very different pattern from anything we have had before this winter. :)

Goodbye Liver.

I expect this from a hobbyist like Hunchie but not a soon to be BS Grad.

Lol

I hope that something works out. First, for you and the others who started suggesting something a few days ago. Secondly, for all winter wx lovers who have missed their favorite season.

I miss bowling balls. Rough day for us in the HubbDave household

Lol

I hope that something works out. First, for you and the others who started suggesting something a few days ago. Secondly, for all winter wx lovers who have missed their favorite season.

I miss bowling balls. Rough day for us in the HubbDave household

Dave, everything ok?

What happened bro?

My elderly father-in-law, who joined the Navy at age 16 to fight in WWII (legal age needed to be 18, he forged papers), worked his azz off to put 2 kids through college, was a great pepere to my kids and their cousins, was a pillar in our church, passed away this evening. The only bad thing I could ever say about him was he hated snow. My dog adored him (the dog loves snow...strange)

I did get to spend the day at his bedside. My wife and her mom and brother were with him at the end

R.I.P. Pee Wee

My elderly father-in-law, who joined the Navy at age 16 to fight in WWII (legal age needed to be 18, he forged papers), worked his azz off to put 2 kids through college, was a great pepere to my kids and their cousins, was a pillar in our church, passed away this evening. The only bad thing I could ever say about him was he hated snow. My dog adored him (the dog loves snow...strange)

I did get to spend the day at his bedside. My wife and her mom and brother were with him at the end

R.I.P. Pee Wee

Thoughts going your way, sounds like my grandfather, they were a different breed, they were men.

Im so sorry Dave.

R.I.P. Pee Wee

God bless him and your family, condolences to all. Hang in there man.

R.I.P. Pee Wee

Sorry Dave. Sounds like he had a great respectable life. I love hearing stories about people like that. I bet he told you some cool stuff over the years, and I hope you can take solace in the fact that he lived a good life.

RIP, and thank you to him.

I expect this from a hobbyist like Hunchie but not a soon to be BS Grad.

:P you know every other post of mine has been semi-trolling for the last month pretty much. Between stress about my future and the lame winter we're having, I gotta release somewhere. I thank everyone here for putting up with me.

Though, it's true, the long range Euro has been particularly weenie-ish this winter lol.

R.I.P. Pee Wee

Sorry for the loss of your dad Dave. I'm sure I speak for many when I say my thoughts are with you.

Archived