• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Assorted Amorphous Threats

40/70 Benchmark

Is this yesterday's Superbowl Storm, or is that the Day 9 bomb noted above?

It's the day 8 storm, the one the euro had. It's like the ensembles don't know what to do, and have a lot of spread. They have a surface trough hanging back into SNE, but no real good concentration of a low center. It's no surprise that we have some disagreement. but I do think there will be a storm somewhere over the northeast.

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's the day 8 storm, the one the euro had. It's like the ensembles don't know what to do, and have a lot of spread. They have a surface trough hanging back into SNE, but no real good concentration of a low center. It's no surprise that we have some disagreement. but I do think there will be a storm somewhere over the northeast.

Got it.

(having trouble with seeing attachments through my machine today, so I couldn't see the maps before)

I'm just messn' with ya, buddy...if I were you, I want it over Boston, too.

Yeah we all need slightly different tracks... but there is one thing we can't do and that's control the weather so its useless to argue and get b*tchy with each other, lol.

Like you though, I'm more concerned with another repeat of this last system than a whiff.

He won't be Welcome Back here in the corporal plane... I loved that show.Anyway, looks like the high today at home was 37.9F or so.

I had an "Up your nose with a rubber hose" t-shirt and my Mom wouldn't let me wear it. lol

Meanwhile, big time temp bust, although I just leapt 2* in the last 10 minutes to 35*. Frontal passage happening. No rain, Just a breeze and a claering sky it appears. At least my anemometer has thawed.

18z GFS, if that N stream in Ontario could just buckle a little more...guarantee a cold finish to that week 1er

I'd give my left n** for that solution on the GFS.... This has the potential of being a ssssllloooowwww moving KU storm. Although it is strung out with the 3 lows, climatology says that it would form just one low as we get closer.

The most important thing is that the GFS is not showing cutters and it has the storm every run..

What a way to kill Super Bowl Week. Enjoy tracking this KU folks.

Something about that Feb 3-4 timeframe screams big storms.

Screw Litchfield Libations and his torch. I hope this nails Just north of him and he is sitting at 35 and rain. He wants the torch, he got the torch.

I'd give my left n** for that solution on the GFS.... This has the potential of being a ssssllloooowwww moving KU storm. Although it is strung out with the 3 lows, climatology says that it would form just one low as we get closer.

The most important thing is that the GFS is not showing cutters and it has the storm every run..

Screw Litchfield Libations and his torch. I hope this nails Just north of him and he is sitting at 35 and rain. He wants the torch, he got the torch.

You are a freaking weenie and a half man. I love it.

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of personal attacks and hatred come my way because I talk about what weather is affecting my region and what is predicted. Nobody enjoyed the snow more than myself last weekend, it was amazing, outside in it 24/7.

Yet again today featured another side of weather in New England, a torch, my wife and I had a fantastic walk at Cove park in Stamford, the warmth was exceptional and the brief interludes of sun felt great on the face later this afternoon.

I will absolutely enjoy some snowshowers or period of light snow on Sunday night, hopefully go for a long walk when everyone is asleep watching the flakes float in the air! Later next week it looks like things warm up and I will try and get outside and enjoy it, and do something productive instead of sitting around complaining about it, it simply makes no sense, at least for me.

Then, the worm turns, while I certainly maybe out of the snow down this way, I will pull hard for it and wish that everyone else gets lambasted with it! Good times appear on the horizon, and I really hope winter appears for a solid couple weeks and if it does not I will be bummed out but thats life and the kids and I will enjoy whatever comes our way, and if its dendrites I will have my nose pressed to the glass watching them dance in the flood light.

I hope you got your devestating ice storm you wished for today, and hope significant snow comes your way soon!

Have a great weekend

Joe

I can vision one of those long lasting transition storms rather than one robust mega storm. A rainy cold storm for about 8 hours then folks from N to S start flipping to snow, that continues for another 8 then a stronger all snow storm fills the void. I would rather that scenario than a mega storm which basically takes the antecedent warmth away but leaves little snow. ENS seem to indicate my scenario is possible. Could be a very interesting week upcoming as we finally develop a decent winter pattern.

I can vision one of those long lasting transition storms rather than one robust mega storm. A rainy cold storm for about 8 hours then folks from N to S start flipping to snow, that continues for another 8 then a stronger all snow storm fills the void. I would rather that scenario than a mega storm which basically takes the antecedent warmth away but leaves little snow. ENS seem to indicate my scenario is possible. Could be a very interesting week upcoming as we finally develop a decent winter pattern.

I envision a Dec 92 type storm..with feet of heavy wet snow inland..then I envision a bunch of early blooming miller b's with a lack of blocking..they won't be late bloomers. I expet most of us will have 15-25 inches of snow OTG once the snow deluge is over with

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of personal attacks and hatred come my way because I talk about what weather is affecting my region and what is predicted. Nobody enjoyed the snow more than myself last weekend, it was amazing, outside in it 24/7.

Yet again today featured another side of weather in New England, a torch, my wife and I had a fantastic walk at Cove park in Stamford, the warmth was exceptional and the brief interludes of sun felt great on the face later this afternoon.

I will absolutely enjoy some snowshowers or period of light snow on Sunday night, hopefully go for a long walk when everyone is asleep watching the flakes float in the air! Later next week it looks like things warm up and I will try and get outside and enjoy it, and do something productive instead of sitting around complaining about it, it simply makes no sense, at least for me.

Then, the worm turns, while I certainly maybe out of the snow down this way, I will pull hard for it and wish that everyone else gets lambasted with it! Good times appear on the horizon, and I really hope winter appears for a solid couple weeks and if it does not I will be bummed out but thats life and the kids and I will enjoy whatever comes our way, and if its dendrites I will have my nose pressed to the glass watching them dance in the flood light.

I hope you got your devestating ice storm you wished for today, and hope significant snow comes your way soon!

Have a great weekend

Joe

I just have to say I'm so touched... :clap:

Call it a hunch

Man I hope, I was on the coast for 92, would have loved to been here but the ocean was insane. I think 24 here you probably had 30, the Otis guy lives at the top of Mile Rd. he was telling me stories of crazy storms when he was growing up, think he was referring to 92 today. Elevation FTW

Man I hope, I was on the coast for 92, would have loved to been here but the ocean was insane. I think 24 here you probably had 30, the Otis guy lives at the top of Mile Rd. he was telling me stories of crazy storms when he was growing up, think he was referring to 92 today. Elevation FTW

JMy wifes parents house which is where she lived then..had about 17-18 inches and lost power for 4-5 days with lots of tree damage. We were dating at the time and I purposely went up to her place because I knew I would get shafted in Vernon(only had 6 inches)

Mile Hill Rd is only about 680 feet ASL at the top..Wife's parents house which is of Mile Hill Rd is about 810 feet

Archived