joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Assorted Amorphous Threats

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 868
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can anyone not be taking this storm seriously? We're in a new pattern regime..and now is when you actually do take 5-6 day threats seriously. Models and ens all are keying on a storm. It's coming..and prob just like the Euro ens mean is showing

We aren't locked into the new pattern yet during this threat...its still evolving. There's an initial little PNA rise but the second rise is the one that changes the pattern more dramatically...this first little PNA spike actually trended less overnight which is one reason the storm looked uglier on the overnight runs. Less phasing between the streams.

This threat might work out, but I'm not bullish at all at this point.

We aren't locked into the new pattern yet during this threat...its still evolving. There's an initial little PNA rise but the second rise is the one that changes the pattern more dramatically...this first little PNA spike actually trended less overnight which is one reason the storm looked uglier on the overnight runs. Less phasing between the streams.

This threat might work out, but I'm not bullish at all at this point.

It's definitely more of a broader ridge on last night's euro, instead of a nice sharp ridge. I suppose there are a couple of chances ....either the original northern stream deal like yesterday's euro, or perhaps something more with the southern stream on Saturday or something. Of course, there are equal chances that none work out..but just discussing the ways that it could. I think Kevin should relax for a few days.

How far away were you from at least getting the 9.3" on that map? What was your total?

I think we had a dusting to an inch or nothing down in Bristol, R.I.

I had about 6" where I was in Brockton. Logan actually did better than me. I was pegged to get a good 12-18" of snow, but turned to this rasn mix with the dryslot in the area. Huge disappointment. Almost cried.

I had about 6" where I was in Brockton. Logan actually did better than me. I was pegged to get a good 12-18" of snow, but turned to this rasn mix with the dryslot in the area. Huge disappointment. Almost cried.

Trust me dude, I was there with you. My entire time college in Bristol I would feel like crying during winter storms. After living 18 years in upstate NY, I lived my college years in a mimimal snow zone. Time after time I would see professor's cars in the parking lot caked with snow while there was nothing on the ground. These were the professors from up in Mass. who traveled down to teach.

Trust me dude, I was there with you. My entire time college in Bristol I would feel like crying during winter storms. After living 18 years in upstate NY, I lived my college years in a mimimal snow zone. Time after time I would see professor's cars in the parking lot caked with snow while there was nothing on the ground. These were the professors from up in Mass. who traveled down to teach.

Yeah Bristol is a tough place for snow. I usually did well in interior se mass, but got royally screwed in that storm.

But, that storm is special to me...not necessarily because of the coastal damage and interior snow....but because that storm broke the back of a stretch of crap winters.

It's definitely more of a broader ridge on last night's euro, instead of a nice sharp ridge. I suppose there are a couple of chances ....either the original northern stream deal like yesterday's euro, or perhaps something more with the southern stream on Saturday or something. Of course, there are equal chances that none work out..but just discussing the ways that it could. I think Kevin should relax for a few days.

Lol why should I relax?? It's time to amp it up and hype

From facebook

"the scary thing there were Numerous folks folks posting here and on the web site and in other forums who were talking about the coming cold because of another well known but over valued private Meteorologist in New England ... still waiting for that cold"

LOL, who said anything about brutal cold? I think most of the talk was about the potential change to more winter like wx and storminess, especially here.

LOL, who said anything about brutal cold? I think most of the talk was about the potential change to more winter like wx and storminess, especially here.

Yeah, I don't recall any of the red taggers calling for that...I don't look at his fb much, so maybe he meant something else.

I dunno. Don't care. Just give me 2 weeks of winter...a few nickel and dimers, then I will go home

Yeah, I don't recall any of the red taggers calling for that...I don't look at his fb much, so maybe he meant something else.

I dunno. Don't care. Just give me 2 weeks of winter...a few nickel and dimers, then I will go home

I think he meant this past week. LOL, we all said it could be mild. Maybe he's drunk in his basement again.

Archived