• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 20/21 Snow Threat

snowNH

There's only 4" on the ground up at 1000ft in Lyndon? I know we've had upslope over here but thought you had more. There's like a very frozen solid 9-10" here after yesterday's mixed bag. It is no longer powder but didn't settle much. 11.5" a couple days ago for comparison.

Yeah, only 4"... we had about 6" three days ago. On my drive up, there was a massive snow hole between White River Jctn and St. J....literally no snow. then 5 miles down the highway there was 3"

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that we get we can see 2-4" or so out of both events...maybe 5" as the mountains can do some funky things.

The usual NNE nickel and dime stuff to continue slowly building the pack and add to seasonal totals.

Right. Yeah with great 15 or 20 to 1 ratios tomorrow night, I can see us seeing 2-4" with up to 5" above 2500ft. And Saturday, I can see us getting probably 3-4" out of .2" qpf

Hopefully the NAM is wrong because if it's right, then I'll end up with a 32.9* rainer.

It'll be wrong. I bet we get 4-7" Saturday. It's a little more precarious for CT/RI/SE MA -- but even there it will probably be pretty snowy.

BTW, Noyes has eastern MA-NH-ME in line for a general 4" tomorrow night. He said he wouldn't be shocked if it verified a little more in some places. :snowman:

It'll be wrong. I bet we get 4-7" Saturday. It's a little more precarious for CT/RI/SE MA -- but even there it will probably be pretty snowy.

BTW, Noyes has eastern MA-NH-ME in line for a general 4" tomorrow night. He said he wouldn't be shocked if it verified a little more in some places. :snowman:

Oh, I thought there was some fleeting dialogue regarding next week....Saturday will not be rain here.

Maybe end with a ping or two.

Yeah most places are going pretty bullish on tomorrow's snow. WHDH had 2-4" for a good chunk of the area, but 1-2" for Boston. Also it looks more like a 7pm-2am deal now so tomorrow night should be fun

Oh, sorry. I really didn't read the previous posts and just assumed the 32.9 rainer was Saturday discussion. My bad. I'm hoping to have doubled my seasonal snowfall by this time Sunday.

Don't blame you...it is the Sat thread lol

I need to get into game shape...the historically slow start to the season as me hesitant to really examine anything.

I never ever look at the GFS until the day before an event.It's useless

You've been very confrontational and quite frankly we don't like it.

You were backing up the GFS earlier today??? I am so confused. You literally said you liked it because the NAM was too warm. No your discounting it because it doesnt show a colder solution? You didnt look at it? You were looking at it earlier LOL.

King "rev kev" Weenie

Yeah, only 4"... we had about 6" three days ago. On my drive up, there was a massive snow hole between White River Jctn and St. J....literally no snow. then 5 miles down the highway there was 3"

It was like that a lot of the years that I attended Lyndon. Something magically happens 10 miles south a St J. Try taking a ride up 91 to the high point. That ridge always seems to have more snow than any place. Snow always seemed to find a way to skip over us.

I hate being stressed out about sleet contaminating snow however that is one of the things that makes an individual a true winter wx weenie lol

sleet and flashfreezes can do wonders here in the cp for holding on to snowpack though so there certainly are plusses and minuses, I suppose to be worried about sleet in this spell of weather the past couple months is a good thing.

It was like that a lot of the years that I attended Lyndon. Something magically happens 10 miles south a St J. Try taking a ride up 91 to the high point. That ridge always seems to have more snow than any place. Snow always seemed to find a way to skip over us.

trust me I know lol Out near Burke they have 12"+

You were backing up the GFS earlier today??? I am so confused. You literally said you liked it because the NAM was too warm. No your discounting it because it doesnt show a colder solution? You didnt look at it? You were looking at it earlier LOL.

King "rev kev" Weenie

I have gone over this before. But I will say it again. Which ever model(gfs, nam, euro, ukie, cmc, hell even the jma) shows the best solution for a weanies back yard is obviously the model that has the best handle on the evolution of a particular system. We all know that. Com'on man get with the program.......

btw, glad you called him on this cuz I was going to.

I have gone over this before. But I will say it again. Which ever model(gfs, nam, euro, ukie, cmc, hell even the jma) shows the best solution for a weanies back yard is obviously the model that has the best handle on the evolution of a particular system. We all know that. Com'on man get with the program.......

btw, glad you called him on this cuz I was going to.

At least try and hide the weenie ness.... LOL

I hate being stressed out about sleet contaminating snow however that is one of the things that makes an individual a true winter wx weenie lol

sleet and flashfreezes can do wonders here in the cp for holding on to snowpack though so there certainly are plusses and minuses, I suppose to be worried about sleet in this spell of weather the past couple months is a good thing.

cp as in Coastal Plain? Are you in Springfield, MA? I wouldn't consider that the coastal plain. Valley yes, plains, no. I wouldn't worry either....

Saturday is a mainly snow event on the guidance. Last weekend, foxboro was to be 60 on Sunday. Now it looks like 30 with snow otg.

i understand the black bird doesn't do well in the white stuff...

nice antecedent banana shaped HP

we'll see how it looks particularly after Thursday's system, but as it looks now this is a good setup for over-performance...

i understand the black bird doesn't do well in the white stuff...

nice antecedent banana shaped HP

we'll see how it looks particularly after Thursday's system, but as it looks now this is a good setup for over-performance...

We're starting to get some fat pitches and the bullpen is spent from last winter. I like what I'm seeing now.

Archived