joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 20/21 Snow Threat

snowNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steady snow, snow growth appears to be improving, better echoes appear to be heading NE. I lowered to 2-5 in this thread and that appears to be n target. Going out into the woods with the dog for an hour or 2. Lovely snow, temps in the teens, 3rd snow event this week, and the very first time for most of us this winter that we are getting snow on snow.

I have a decent snowcover compared to the parched HV areas and it has been cold ...so I'm not gonna complain a lot.

But that said...this has been a crapola week. 1.8" Tuesday obliterated by the rain and six hour thaw, a grand total of 0.3" Thursday night, and my expected 3 inch blizzard today struggling to get to 1" with the back edge fast approaching. :axe:

Same, exact action I took last night.....I'll prob be toward the lower end.

This season sucks.

Well it's a beautiful winter day and Monday probably doesn't matter much because I think we get multiple snow chances in the new pattern after that.... I got just enough to cover the frozen old snow and do some snow showing in the woods.

Maybe another hour of steady light snow here.... 9F.

2-4/3-6 seems pretty reasonable for me at this point. As I typed we finally got into some better snow.

18Z SmartCast: Currently tracking Barnstable-MA, Otis-MA, Nantucket-MA with the heaviest snowfall accumulations through 22/05Z. Showing amounts of 4-6" possible across these area, with 21-23Z with the heaviest snowfall with snowrates up to 1" per hour during this time and visibilities down to 1/4 miles. Generally across RI and MA, looking at a general 1-3" across the areas through 05Z.

20Z SmartCast Update: Still tracking Otis-MA and Barnstable-MA with the heaviest snow accumulation for the next few hours. Potential to see 4-5.5" of additional snow accumulations across these areas. Heaviest snow is now til about 03Z, with snowfall rates of around 1.3" per hour and visbilities around 1/4 mile. Elsewhere across RI and MA looking at .5 to 2" of additional snow. Data uploaded at http://smartwxmodel.net

This, he better get un five posted for Thursday.

I've come to the realization that I'll be 5ppd for the rest of my life lol..I've accepted it.

Don't worry I'll make the Thursday thread when the time comes. I could see the last storm from a mile away with that arctic high over and just above NE. That's why I said in the original post that we could afford to have this storm more amped.

There will be a thread monday morning/possibly late sunday night if the Euro holds for a couple more runs. Actually, make it monday morning, I'll be drinking tomorrow starting at noon for the pats. Actually, maybe I'll start the thread hammered? I don't know. But, I'm 1 for 1 this year hopefully making it 2 for 2 for NE.

Enjoy the game tomorrow!!!

In Bill We Trust!

Archived