• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 20/21 Snow Threat

snowNH

18z GFS and 12z Euro has a ton of cold air and nice coastal/overunning event for Friday into Saturday.. This might the case where we COULD afford a more amped solution.

I love the the cold air and High in Canada.

Post about the storm here. I'm trying my juju this time.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The high pressure on this threat looks very favorable on both the GEFS and EC ensembles...would imply very good CAD and possibly keep the storm as all or mostly snow for a good chunk of the region...but even if it doesn't...there would very likely be an icing threat with that high location to the north of Maine.

perhaps this is a pattern change storm as we go to our temporary torch before February roars in like a lion. Clipper on Thursday lays down a nice 2-4 lollies to 6, brings in fresh cold air, coastal develops with help from temporary blocking from clipper leaving 4-8 lollies to 12. Torch comes but is muted by pesky highs, snowcover hangs in and then we start rocking with some blocking around the Davis Strait.

In the end, the NAO saves us...

BOX is leaning towards a snowy Saturday that leads to a WWA.

SATURDAY AND SATURDAY NIGHT /SECOND SYS/...

ALTHO MDL SOLNS TREND SUCCINCTLY WITH SFC LOW AND ATTENDANT SHRTWV

TRAINING THRU THE LONGWAVE PATTERN S OF NEW ENGLAND...THERE ARE

STILL MANY DISCREPANCIES WITH THE TIMING AND PROGRESSION OF SYS. AS

THE FCST STANDS PRESENTLY...THE SFC LOW REMAINING S OF NEW ENGLAND

WILL KEEP COLDER AIR ENTRENCHED ACROSS THE RGN AND P-TYPE MORESO IN

THE FORM OF SNOW. ACCUM/S MAY REQUIRE THE NEED FOR A WINTER WX ADV.

SYSTEM EXITS OUT AT THE LATEST MIDNIGHT SUNDAY.

Looking good (esp. north of the Pike) on the 12z GFS. EURO suppressed, GFS north....compromise equals decent snow event in SNE.

I actually don't mind the look of the 12z GFS on this one. Would like to see the Euro come a bit north of last night but not by too much.

Having a H in place over SE Canada bodes well for most of us. The last two runs of the GFS were very close to one another on this system with regard to the advancement of the 0º C line in SNE. Plenty of wiggle room given the time frame, but it helps be trust the H as a reliable element in the scenario.

Looking at the gfs further looks like some icing potential for CT...surfaces temps <32 despite it not supporting snow. Of course its the gfs day 4/5 and the euro had this much farther south.

Well if you trust the model forecast soundings this far out (and you shouldn't), it would be a snow to rain to freezing drizzle scenario for most of CT with several inches accumulation in the north transitioning to an inch or two along the southeast coast.

Euro as usual is the way to go..The last couple systems have all trended colder with the higs to the north...keep that in mind as you bang the GFS every six hours

Pretty bold statement so far out. There is room for both. Either way, something to track, but good to see high pressure to the north.

Pretty bold statement so far out. There is room for both. Either way, something to track, but good to see high pressure to the north.

Yes but it's nice to see the Rev always finding a way to make it snow in his backyard...EURO is right if it's cold and snowy and if it's too warm then it will trend cold and snowy.

This is much better than the "it's never ever going to snow again, this ones going to Vim Toot. I hate my life." type of posts we've seen lately ;)

Yes but it's nice to see the Rev always finding a way to make it snow in his backyard...EURO is right if it's cold and snowy and if it's too warm then it will trend cold and snowy.

This is much better than the "it's never ever going to snow again, this ones going to Vim Toot. I hate my life." type of posts we've seen lately ;)

Agreed. We shouldn't talk about Kevin when he can't defend himself. It's well after his bedtime. Feetsie Pajamas FTW..

I don't think people went that far but you have to understand that its easier for you to say that when you have a foot of powder and people here are looking at bare ground.

I don't think people went that far but you have to understand that its easier for you to say that when you have a foot of powder and people here are looking at bare ground.

Oh trust me I was getting to that point around Dec 20 when it was still bare up here. I'm just joking around. I love Kevs posts but you know having a foot of snow is fun but even then its hard to enjoy it on the board with all the pessimism that was going around.

Trust me I remember 2001-2002 in Albany when I was inhigh school that winter definitely affected my mood towards life in general...that was the turning point in deciding to go to college in Vermont. Snow means that much to me haha.

Archived