joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 20/21 Snow Threat

snowNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GFS looks pretty good for a solid snow event that changes to sleet/ZR near the end...esp south of the pike...but who knows where that type of line would set up this far out. The cold in place right before the event is very impressive so I think there is a good chance that this features a lot of frozen precip, even if it trends north.

Yes but it's nice to see the Rev always finding a way to make it snow in his backyard...EURO is right if it's cold and snowy and if it's too warm then it will trend cold and snowy.

This is much better than the "it's never ever going to snow again, this ones going to Vim Toot. I hate my life." type of posts we've seen lately ;)

I know you aren't stupid, so I'm going to assume that you are purposely being a dick.

Give it a rest.....it's obviously easier to assume that perspective when you have a decent snowpack and have witnessed a few good storms.

Cmc is a rather large snw dump. Best setup we've had since my hollow weenie.

Yeah that is low end warning criteria snow for most of SNE...pretty nice looking. I'll be happy with advisory, but will hope this trends a little juicier on the qpf while the high really keeps that cold air entrenched.

I saw Harvey at the end of the 11pm news calling for a cloudy Saturday (no snow). Just looked at some guidance. What did/is he looking at? I see an advisory-low end warning snow on most guidance.

Could be just that he didn't want to mention it

yet. Honestly with it being day 4/5 I can't blame him the way the public latches on to snow forecasts.

I saw Harvey at the end of the 11pm news calling for a cloudy Saturday (no snow). Just looked at some guidance. What did/is he looking at? I see an advisory-low end warning snow on most guidance.

Maybe he mentioned the possibility in his segment but didn't feel the need to put it on the forecast graphic?

Biggest concern looking at the upper air pattern is what is going to stop a north trend. The cold air is quite deep and the high is in a good spot, so there's probably going to be a good thump of snow even if it trends 100 miles north, but then it could introduce a lot of icing and IP concerns.

At any rate, a lot of features in this system looks like the classic SWFEs we had from '07-'09.

Biggest concern looking at the upper air pattern is what is going to stop a north trend. The cold air is quite deep and the high is in a good spot, so there's probably going to be a good thump of snow even if it trends 100 miles north, but then it could introduce a lot of icing and IP concerns.

At any rate, a lot of features in this system looks like the classic SWFEs we had from '07-'09.

Congrats, Dendrite.

Funny thing is we had foxboro 60 and sunny Sunday. Now it looks like 30s with visible snow in the sidelines. First major torch that may be heading to failure....or at least a not insignificant delay. I like where we're going. Scott...you alluded to euro ens looking good in the long range?

Funny thing is we had foxboro 60 and sunny Sunday. Now it looks like 30s with visible snow in the sidelines. First major torch that may be heading to failure....or at least a not insignificant delay. I like where we're going. Scott...you alluded to euro ens looking good in the long range?

Yeah they started to look better. Still may get ugly for a day or so later next week, but after that..we get some ridging over the Davis Straits, and The Pac slowly improves.

Man..can you guys believe this? What once looked to be a nasty nasty torch..has turned into 3 snowstorms this week and a possible ice storm next week..with maybe one slightly mild day.. This is like winters of old

When we get a cold dump into Canada (courtesy of the current AK ridging) and then an arctic high situates itself in northern Maine and Quebec...it can be extremely pesky to get rid of that air mass...lot of torches coming out of the plains run into that wall and are ineffective.

We might break into a couple of mild days next week, but its certainly looking nothing like it did several days ago.

Archived