e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 20/21 Snow Threat

snowNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These type of events always trend north. I'm happy to see the 00z GFS at this point.

Not really all that impressed with this as an event yet, but it is wintry at least. Good looking isentropic lift in advance of the low, but I wouldn't mind seeing a sharper mid level s/w. There is some low level frontogenesis, that's displaced well north of the low. If the system pulled together more, there could be definitely be band of 6"+, but otherwise, widespread 3-5" looks good.

These type of events always trend north. I'm happy to see the 00z GFS at this point.

Not really all that impressed with this as an event yet, but it is wintry at least. Good looking isentropic lift in advance of the low, but I wouldn't mind seeing a sharper mid level s/w. There is some low level frontogenesis, that's displaced well north of the low. If the system pulled together more, there could be definitely be band of 6"+, but otherwise, widespread 3-5" looks good.

The further south solutions are uglier with the precip shield because of the lack of frontogenesis...the more the system gets pressed up into the cold dome, the more qpf it will probably produce with a sharper temp gradient. Some of those amped GFS ensemble member over the past few runs are much juicier.

Lol...dangerous call on a SWFE at 60-72 hours. We'll see how the ensembles and the Euro look.

Yea, GFS is awful....considering the entire pantheon of guidance at the moment, you'd have to call for a Kevin-pike special.....but as you just alluded to, I'm not yet concerned.

If that were to happen, though...I'd absolutely lose it considering that every other meaningful system has trended to my N.

Archived