e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Jan 20/21 Snow Threat

snowNH

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

cp as in Coastal Plain? Are you in Springfield, MA? I wouldn't consider that the coastal plain. Valley yes, plains, no. I wouldn't worry either....

I consider it cp bc we are on the valley floor and sometimes the results are about the same. there is often a big difference in snow totals even from where i am to where you are in Stafford Springs. I just happen to live in one of the worst areas for snow accums in sne. Not for all types of events but for the majority.

I consider it cp bc we are on the valley floor and sometimes the results are about the same. there is often a big difference in snow totals even from where i am to where you are in Stafford Springs. I just happen to live in one of the worst areas for snow accums in sne. Not for all types of events but for the majority.

You aren't cp bro.

I think they are a little faster, so that may play a part of it...might skew the perception. Guidance seemed to speed up a bit today. But, I would not be shocked at a tick north.

yeah that's my worry right now. i don't have a whole lot of expectation for MBY anyway...but a few ticks south would make a big difference here. ultimately i'd lean north some though.

We're starting to get some fat pitches and the bullpen is spent from last winter. I like what I'm seeing now.

We are going to score some runs here in the 7 th, maybe get shutdown for an out or two in the 8 th but we saved our bench pinch hitters for last. Bernie Carbo and Dusty Rhodes on the bench!

I actually work in Springfield and I've seen that. The borough is surrounded by 1000' hills and the northern part of town is a little higher so the elevation helps. Believe it or not, I don't think that you're in the worst place in SNE...I leave that distinction to Norwich & New London.

I actually work in Springfield and I've seen that. The borough is surrounded by 1000' hills and the northern part of town is a little higher so the elevation helps. Believe it or not, I don't think that you're in the worst place in SNE...I leave that distinction to Norwich & New London.

Meh Norwich is hilly and does OK, maybe Pawcatuck, Stonington are the worst.

You should move to the feeding hills side of agawam i notice even a big difference from one side of town to the other

I lived in SWRI for 44 years I know, how how I know.

You guys are right def not the worst in Spfd. East of New Haven over to Narragansett RI is prob the worst with New London/Stonington ground zero right over to Charlestown and Westerly. When I was a kid in Bristol Ct i always used to be amazed at how little snow se ct and sw ri would get, even in the storms when the mets or ocwas would say the most snow would be on the coast or se ct and the only coastal areas that ever jackpotted was sw ct. and taunton east to the cape.

Dec 2009 storm was the only big storm I can remember that really jackpotted those zones.

NAM is a lot colder...which isn't a surprise either since it has been by far the warmest guidance in the mid-levels. We are still in a pretty useless range for this model...especially this season. Its been dreadful this year.

I am supposed to meet a friend in MHT for dinner Saturday night, but I am getting worried about the driving since the roads are pretty windy around here and it's looking as if a big snowfall event is on the horizon. I may instead drive home to Dobbs Friday at 3pm Friday right after school if this is going to be preventing me from doing anything out in NH this weekend.

The NAM must have a bizarre looking sounding...its gets the 0C 850 line up near Rt 2 or MA/NH border at the peak but the 2840m 1000-700 thickness line is in northern CT. Its almost like there is the narrowest warm layer at 850 and no other level.

NAM is a lot colder...which isn't a surprise either since it has been by far the warmest guidance in the mid-levels. We are still in a pretty useless range for this model...especially this season. Its been dreadful this year.

definitely agree there. i almost treat it like just another sref member at this time range.

Timing differences are pretty bad. 21z is the height of the storm on the nam while on the gfs its winding down by then.

Looks colder, probably mixes up to somewhere between mass pike and route 2. Jackpot snowNH. Advisory event N of the pike.

The NAM is junk. Run with and follow the EURO and the other globals. NAM will be good to pick up on minor trends 36 hours in.

Ice?

No, probably sleet with thicknesses that cold...sfc temps in the teens to mid 20s with a narrow warm layer at 850....but in all honesty, all of that is a huge red flag to begin with...especially with the Euro and other guidance not showing that really narrow warm layer and the arctic high in good location.

Archived