joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

look at that lake effect beast kick in across Lake Michigan...NY is gonna get hammered...just in time to close I-90 at about the same time i'll be starting my drive to Albuquerque...depending on how fierce the LES event is, i may have to delay my departure by a few days...

yeah...got a job in Albuquerque, couldn't find a job around here...i'd love to stay, New England is my home but i can't stay stagnant forever...i'm a bit sad...but hoping the next adventure will a great one!

Oh wow. Well sorry you have to leave, but I hope the job works out for you. You have a better shot of seeing snow there..lol.

There's not one pond or lake anywhere in New Eng that is frozen or can be fished. Not one

Even swamps are ice free.

Euro ens??

I can't speak for today as I was in Somers most of the day, but I saw ice on ponds & in the bogs yesterday in the northern tier of NE CT. Definately not ice fishing or anything worthy but it was there. Maybe that will change after Tuesday?

The 4" & 8" depth ground temps are something I keep track of they are running around 40° which are the warmest temps I've recorded in the 10 years I've been keeping track of them.

I can't speak for today as I was in Somers most of the day, but I saw ice on ponds & in the bogs yesterday in the northern tier of NE CT. Definately not ice fishing or anything worthy but it was there. Maybe that will change after Tuesday?

The 4" & 8" depth ground temps are something I keep track of they are running around 40° which are the warmest temps I've recorded in the 10 years I've been keeping track of them.

I saw several small bodies of water in Woodstock/Eastford that had no ice or just a skim coat.

Last year around this time streams and rivers were freezing.

Still optimistic for a pattern change before by Feb, but wouldn't bet the farm.

Most of pour ponds do have ice, but nowhere near safe enough to venture onto. Ponding of water on top and some open areas etc. are common. At least we don't have any crazy snowmobilers going through this season ..obviously....

I saw several small bodies of water in Woodstock/Eastford that had no ice or just a skim coat.

Last year around this time streams and rivers were freezing.

Still optimistic for a pattern change before by Feb, but wouldn't bet the farm.

Yeah, definately nothing to write home about. I think the water is ripe and ready for freezing so we should have some good ice by next weekend.

I agree that we're bound to a see a pattern change, even if only for a short while. Already temps are better than they were in the mild winter of '01-'02 and even in the winter of '79-'80 we had a period that wasn't so bad. We'll see...

Archived