• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

HoarfrostHubb

54 and wall to wall sunshine. Nice to see bos metro joining in the warmth now, and low 50s into sw vt on the meso site. Cheated once ten days ago and had a couple drinks, only 3 since Jan 1st, not bad. The margs and steak will taste exceptionally good for the wife and I on the deck a bit later.

Get out and enjoy this amazing weather!! Tomorrow even warmer!

Never got too warm here in metro BOS today, but obviously still well above normal. We're dropping back a little now with a NE wind. Man, this winter has been depressing for both snow and/or cold lovers. Heck, the water on top of my pool cover which is usually frozen for a majority of the winter has only been semi-frozen for about a day or two at the longest

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And a stone's throw west of the Greens....... bare effin' GRASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This winter blows. I've had it.

Yeah my buddy went to the Champlain Valley yesterday and said it looks like spring. He said you cross the spine axis and poof the snow disappears. My sister in Burlington says people are about to mow their lawns and can't believe 40 minutes away here on the other side we've had solid snow cover for 6 weeks.

Sunday River, Saddleback, Sugarloaf look awesome today. It's winter somewhere

Yep...another 2-3" today makes 15" at the base and 21" at the summit in the past 5 days. Snowpack just crested 20" at 1,500 so woods skiable to the bottom. Around 4 feet on the ground up high.

Haven't been paying attention to over there...how much have the ME areas picked up the past several days?

Yep...another 2-3" today makes 15" at the base and 21" at the summit in the past 5 days. Snowpack just crested 20" at 1,500 so woods skiable to the bottom. Around 4 feet on the ground up high.

Haven't been paying attention to over there...how much have the ME areas picked up the past several days?

Looks sweet

09c50c66.jpg

69502e84.jpg

Just patches of snow in the yard here, but on the back side of winter hill which faces north, the snow was holding on surprisingly well

I gotta say if I was to pick a place to live outside of the mountains, your spot would be it. That doesnt look that bad...grass is covered and it's white. I'm always impressed with how close you are to the population centers yet how different it is in terms of winter weather.

I gotta say if I was to pick a place to live outside of the mountains, your spot would be it. That doesnt look that bad...grass is covered and it's white. I'm always impressed with how close you are to the population centers yet how different it is in terms of winter weather.

Gotta make the most of a crappy winter to this point. If its looking at old snow cover, then that's the silver lining.

Also, couldn't disagree with messenger more, I have 8-9 months out of the year to stare at grass, so I'll take any snow cover over bare grass. But I know its just a matter of personal opinion...some like the snow cover less and others like it more.

It's night and day between here in Lowell and Thornton. Her ein Lowell I have crocuses coming up on the west side of my house. The ground is still frozen, but I doubt it's more than 2". While in RI today (Portsmouth) not only was the ground not frozen, but the grass is still green and it really appears to be growing. That should mean soil tem is above 40. I was amazed to see the Cambridge Reservoir in Waltham open with ice only in the coves. Ifit isn't frozen by Feb 1st, I doubt it may ever freeze over.

Up in Thornton the snowpack shrunk to about 8", but it's probably 3" water content. I heard WV got 3" today on top of some light accumullation yesterday. Certainly nothing to write home about, but at least it looks winter. Can't say that for southern NE. It really looks like March around here.

It's night and day between here in Lowell and Thornton. Her ein Lowell I have crocuses coming up on the west side of my house. The ground is still frozen, but I doubt it's more than 2". While in RI today (Portsmouth) not only was the ground not frozen, but the grass is still green and it really appears to be growing. That should mean soil tem is above 40. I was amazed to see the Cambridge Reservoir in Waltham open with ice only in the coves. Ifit isn't frozen by Feb 1st, I doubt it may ever freeze over.

Up in Thornton the snowpack shrunk to about 8", but it's probably 3" water content. I heard WV got 3" today on top of some light accumullation yesterday. Certainly nothing to write home about, but at least it looks winter. Can't say that for southern NE. It really looks like March around here.

I'm pretty sure the grass grew some here today.

Gotta make the most of a crappy winter to this point. If its looking at old snow cover, then that's the silver lining.

Also, couldn't disagree with messenger more, I have 8-9 months out of the year to stare at grass, so I'll take any snow cover over bare grass. But I know its just a matter of personal opinion...some like the snow cover less and others like it more.

Yeah I agree with you dude...I mean it may not be snowing a lot but you can look out your window and see snow anytime. That at least looks like winter and has some wintery appeal when driving around. Something is better than nothing in my book when it comes to snow.

Nice pics Will...it was like that maybe two days after the 1/21 storm here. At this point were just down to piles and side of the road slush from where that storm was plowed.

Only about a third of my lawn has any snow, and that is only an inch or 2.

We got a dusting this morning. No new snow in sight.

Thank goodness for Wachusett

The 22kt flow at 850mb was not very well realized; the warm boundary behaved well for today based on local studies. Mid day, Wed, is another story.

Sfc front held pretty tough north of the pike...esp rt 2 and east of the CT River...MRG's stomping grounds torched to like 48-49F today while it was 43F here and only for an hour or two before we went NE again and dumped to 38F even before the sun was gone.

Further north it was even more pronounced. Yet in HFD and down to HPN, the temps were in the upper 50s.

if you don't mind my asking, What were you doing in portsmouth? we are not exactly a destination spot. 47/36 now, warm overnight.

Archived