12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January 2012 - Obs/Disco/Banter

HoarfrostHubb

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know it's some sort of perverse defense mechanism, but I wish you'd stop employing the past tense in refernce to this winter....It's January 2nd.

The irony seeing how just the other day you were exclaiming that we have NO CLUE what will happen with regard to future weather.

Past tense as in calling December a bust on Dec 2, like the thread you made? Oh ok nevermind, I will speak of this winter however I choose, just like you do making your threads whining about lack of snow in your little world, hilarious you would say this to me when you created an entire thread about dec being a bust on dec 2nd. LOL

How has this cold shot warmed? It has looked the same for a while. Maybe 510 thicknesses instead of 504 thicknesses, but i do not see this as warming.

probably because when it was 8 days out it was modeled as -22C 850s...now its like -16C.

same garbage all the time. so so tiresome.

i honestly don't get it. unless of course, just having us respond to the post is the point. in which case :facepalm:

Yesterday the forecast was actually warmer then this. Three days ago it was almost identical to this, although Wednesday night may have warmed slightly.

Tuesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 25. Northwest wind between 11 and 15 mph.

Tuesday Night: Mostly clear, with a low around 4. Wind chill values as low as -8. Northwest wind between 10 and 15 mph.

Wednesday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 22. West wind between 8 and 10 mph.

Wednesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.

Nothing here today.. Lake Ontario bands to the north in the ADK's. Lake Erie bands carrying all the way to the western Catskills, but south of here,.... Just BKN to OVC and 32 with a gusty wind. It ripped a piece of fascia off an eve of the house.

The Ontario stuff may sweep down tonight for a 30 or 60 minute squall.

Who is still trying to spin anything at this point.....even Kev has been beaten down to the point of being more pessimistic than I am. :lol:

It's funny how one or two winters where SNE had a good snowpack, makes people only think December and January are the winter months. How quickly we forget our Decembers where it rained on the coast...even into January.

this goes back to what we talked about in the fall - it never used to snow in december on the CP. it was always "west of 495" crap. it's just the last several years that have people thinking that winter starts 12/1.

this goes back to what we talked about in the fall - it never used to snow in december on the CP. it was always "west of 495" crap. it's just the last several years that have people thinking that winter starts 12/1.

Yeah exactly. I was used to being in the "washed away" zone...lol.

Past tense as in calling December a bust on Dec 2, like the thread you made? Oh ok nevermind, I will speak of this winter however I choose, just like you do making your threads whining about lack of snow in your little world, hilarious you would say this to me when you created an entire thread about dec being a bust on dec 2nd. LOL

That was a prediction made with confidence, which in retrospect was correct and justified

There is a difference between going on record with a specific prediction for a specific time period, and just generally speaking of the winter in the past tense before we have even reached the halway point.

You are always so quick to get defensive and take digs whenever anyone questions your mentality.....so insecure.

That was a prediction made with confidence, which in retrospect was correct and justified

There is a difference between going on record with a specific prediction for a specific time period, and just just generally speaking of the winter in the past tense before we have even reached the halway point.

You are always so quick to get defensive and take digs whenever anyone questions your mentality.....so insecure.

LOL

Said it many times, growing up on the extreme CP in SWRI, we expected to skate and sled in Jan. Dec was always an iffy time. My best snows and times of winter have always been on average from mid Jan to late Feb. not saying it will happen but climo wise the tide has turned.

Said it many times, growing up on the extreme CP in SWRI, we expected to skate and sled in Jan. Dec was always an iffy time. My best snows and times of winter have always been on average from mid Jan to late Feb. not saying it will happen but climo wise the tide has turned.

It's cycles Steve. When I was growing up, we indeed did expect snow to be otg in December and it happened. We're in one of those cycles now with this likely being an off year. From the 1970s through the 90s, it was less likely to have good snows prior to January but in years that started late, invariably they ended late.

Forecast high of 17 here tomorrow... We had a few days in December that didn't get out of the low 20's so not that much colder with this shot...just more thankless cold and dry wx....

The really interesting thing this season so far is the absolute inability to mix any moisture with cold air. Plenty of sub freezing days here in Dec. mixed in with the mild spells, but the two streams will never interact right to produce snow. Southern stream = cold rain, Northern stream = too far north every time.

I'm sure this has happened before though in some of those really low snowfall winters we remember. Not too late to turn this around.

Wow what a torch yesterday +16 at ORH very impressive, I can only imagine how cold a -16 would feel.

Lowest high temp here all week is 29 tomorrow then right back to above normal by Friday.

Do you know how many times I wanted to throw the TV out the window when they had reporters live in Worcester or in some place like Westborough, on the Pike?? I effing hated that. It drove me nuts.

Outside 128 was a term I despised, that and in RI, no school Foster Gloucester. Imagine living 15 mins away from a foot while it poured the coldest rain ever.

Feb is sne's best snow month, climo wise....

I've always equated Dec with having snow OTG and a decent snowpack More often than not we do. Even some of the less wintry winters we at least get some snow in Dec. The fact we had a snowless one really makes it bad and seem endless

Neither you or Jerry had the pleasure of growing up on the southern SNE CP. Even interior RI had Dec snow usually.

There is a difference between going on record with a specific prediction for a specific time period, and just generally speaking of the winter in the past tense before we have even reached the halway point.

I made a very specific forecast on October 16th 2011

for bdr

Dec +1.1

J+0.2

F-0.1

Total snowfall for BDR 37 inches.

Dec was an absolute blowtorch I am confindent Jan comes in above normal, and I think there are signs that FEB and March will be another absolute blowtorch.

BDR will not sniff 37 inches of snow and my temps are entirely too low.

it's different interior vs cp too.

Even my first 7 winters when I lived in Central Jersey we had snow in some of the Decembers. My mom has pics of us in the snow on Xmas day with sleds and stuff like that . Decembers usually get some snow even on the coast, I don't think it's too crazy to say this was the worst December of all of our lives

I made a very specific forecast on October 16th 2011

for bdr

Dec +1.1

J+0.2

F-0.1

Total snowfall for BDR 37 inches.

Dec was an absolute blowtorch I am confindent Jan comes in above normal, and I think there are signs that FEB and March will be another absolute blowtorch.

BDR will not sniff 37 inches of snow and my temps are entirely too low.

Sorry, Joe....missed that.

It helps to start a thread for seasonal calls like that.

It's about time we had a snowy late February and March. I remember some great ones as a kid... and there were the classics like 1956 and 1960.

Yea, we are due for some December clunkers....I avged 25.4" in the four year spean from '07-'10.. Not normal lol

Conversely, I have avged 5.4" through March in the same span....and most of it fell in that March 1 '09 event, which just made the cut. lol

Archived