Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pictures Thread: October HECS

powderfreak

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well not much snow here in Scituate outside of the lastfew hours of the storm, but little accumulation to show for it. I was notexpecting anything from the start so I am not disappointed and I am sure I willget my fair share if this storm is a sign of things to come in the next fewmonths. Congrats to those who cashed in with the white gold! Overall it was anenjoyable storm and in the wake I managed to get out and get a few photos ofthe sea which was still angry today! Instead of posting the photos in here Ijust invite you to check out my blog. My plan is to try and get a few photos ofeach major weather event this winter and put together a little something.Enjoy!

www.stewiesphotos.blogspot.com

Well not much snow here in Scituate outside of the lastfew hours of the storm, but little accumulation to show for it. I was notexpecting anything from the start so I am not disappointed and I am sure I willget my fair share if this storm is a sign of things to come in the next fewmonths. Congrats to those who cashed in with the white gold! Overall it was anenjoyable storm and in the wake I managed to get out and get a few photos ofthe sea which was still angry today! Instead of posting the photos in here Ijust invite you to check out my blog. My plan is to try and get a few photos ofeach major weather event this winter and put together a little something.Enjoy!

www.stewiesphotos.blogspot.com

Nice shots, can I use the lighthouse one, with your watermark of course?

Here's one from RT 4 in Killington, VT. A bunch of us from Stowe made the drive down and skied Pico next to Killington. There was probably 6-7" of new snow from this storm down at road level but as we gained elevation on the hike up, it increased to probably 12" of new snow, on top of the 8-10" they got two days prior.

Foliage and snow never gets old.

awesome shots! didn't realize the ski resorts had opened.

As I am sure is the case for many my power is still out. In the spirit of commiseration, what is annoying is that as I turned down main street in Ayer late last night, I noticed that the lights were actually on at the Mobile station at the corner. As I drove passed it turned out they were on everywhere on my side of town; I'm getting all psyched to have power back. Then I turned down my street, lights on in the windows of homes; having phew thoughts. Then, I crept closer to my end of the street and 3 houses were still dark. Mine was one of them. And, so was the street lamp next to my house - so I knew it was an official cosmological butt banging. Doughnut of power around me for the sole intent of teasing and tormenting me...

My house is pure electric, too. There hasn't been any heat in my crib since the storm. It was 43F in there this morning (24F out side). I am hopeful that this morning was the coldest it would get in this pattern. Still have a good snow pack up this way, though, and a calm night is going to drill the temps down, but hopefully not as cold as last night.

Speaking of that, the middle and extended range Euro is a better fit for the GFS ensemble-derived teleconnector spread than the GFS' own operational run is... That signal is warm. How so to be determined, but strong SE ridge signature and NW placed mean polar boundary offers a few opportunities for WSW deep layer flow amid somewhat warm anomalous heights/thicknesses. Could actually be a 70F day in there over the next 7 to 10 days.

That is ... predicated on the assumption that the current signal doesn't break down. It's been an interesting mid to late summer and autumn so far, where regardless of pattern there has been a bias to get troughs into the NE. Not sure if that is a trend that should apply or not; could mean a less robust realization over the operational Euro.

Archived