joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pictures Thread: October HECS

powderfreak

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well not much snow here in Scituate outside of the lastfew hours of the storm, but little accumulation to show for it. I was notexpecting anything from the start so I am not disappointed and I am sure I willget my fair share if this storm is a sign of things to come in the next fewmonths. Congrats to those who cashed in with the white gold! Overall it was anenjoyable storm and in the wake I managed to get out and get a few photos ofthe sea which was still angry today! Instead of posting the photos in here Ijust invite you to check out my blog. My plan is to try and get a few photos ofeach major weather event this winter and put together a little something.Enjoy!

www.stewiesphotos.blogspot.com

Absolutely gorgeous photos!

Brings me back to warmer weather...and my sister's wedding in August at the lighthouse! She planned this wedding in only about 2 weeks from Delaware where she lives now. She wanted my mother to attend, and we could not have asked for better weather that day! We lost our mother only 5 weeks later (9/14) to cancer, but Ma had a GREAT day that day. Really nice to see these photos and look back. LOVE them!

--Turtle

Finally somewhere with power/wifi. Here we go, a few pics from around this part of GC. Minimal damage here at the house, some large limbs and lots of small ones. Overall a pretty big hit, especially damaging in the lower elevations where snowfall amounts were lesser but heftier.

Was around waiting for sun to rise at 6am and "see" what transpired, here were the first sights of daylight. :D

p1010899xf.jpg

see a car there?

p1010900h.jpg

that's deep snow for October ;)

p1010901k.jpg

p1010905bc.jpg

p1010909i.jpg

p1010906s.jpg

p1010907ga.jpg

p1010908s.jpg

p1010911h.jpg

Finally somewhere with power/wifi. Here we go, a few pics from around this part of GC. Minimal damage here at the house, some large limbs and lots of small ones. Overall a pretty big hit, especially damaging in the lower elevations where snowfall amounts were lesser but heftier.

Was around waiting for sun to rise at 6am and "see" what transpired, here were the first sights of daylight. :D

see a car there?

that's deep snow for October ;)

What did you end up with?

These pics bring back memories of 4/1/97..lol. Although I don't tree damage was as prolific in that across most areas.

The leaves def made a bigger difference. '97 had more snow in eastern MA...Oct '11 had more snow in W MA than '97 and most of S NH....add on the leaves and the tree damage is def worse. In interior E MA, the fact that the lower spots still had most of their leaves made up for a lot of the lesser totals.

The leaves def made a bigger difference. '97 had more snow in eastern MA...Oct '11 had more snow in W MA than '97 and most of S NH....add on the leaves and the tree damage is def worse. In interior E MA, the fact that the lower spots still had most of their leaves made up for a lot of the lesser totals.

Yeah agreed, and the snow actually dried out across a lot of areas too in 4/1/97. I can't believe these amounts. Most would go gaga over this in February, but in October?? It's just unreal.

Absolutely gorgeous photos!

Brings me back to warmer weather...and my sister's wedding in August at the lighthouse! She planned this wedding in only about 2 weeks from Delaware where she lives now. She wanted my mother to attend, and we could not have asked for better weather that day! We lost our mother only 5 weeks later (9/14) to cancer, but Ma had a GREAT day that day. Really nice to see these photos and look back. LOVE them!

--Turtle

Thanks for the kind comments Turtle! Yesterday was just agreat day in the wake of the storm for photos! I hope to have manyopportunities this winter to capture more images. The rest of the photos inthis thread speak for themselves awesome stuff guys!

Brian

Crazy. I wonder if the snowmobile trails are destroyed. Took a good two years to get them all back after the ice storm, now this. Looks like powder up your way but down in Otis I bet they got trashed.

Maybe lower down where there were leaves but up here there is no damage. This was pretty much a Winter storm here, Everything was passable by midday Sunday. We know how to move snow. It was pure powder.

Archived