• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Pictures Thread: October HECS

powderfreak

We've dealt effectively here in Massachusetts on both the local and state level. Seeing how things seem to be handled in CT at least.

You said it was pow pow up there? A little different story I think between the two states, Ct was paste outside the highest elevations of the litchfield hills I imagine.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've dealt effectively here in Massachusetts on both the local and state level. Seeing how things seem to be handled in CT at least.

Your pics looked like our upslope snow with large dendrites and 20-1 ratios...I'm sure that's easier to clear than Collinsville, CT's 8-1 mash lol.

It's just the pics I've seen from CT look about as bad as it can get on a state level...any other storms folks can think of with that widespread tree damage?

You said it was pow pow up there? A little different story I think between the two states, Ct was paste outside the highest elevations of the litchfield hills I imagine.

In general Massachusetts seems to have their sh*t together more than CT. Whether it was the icestorm in '08 or the tornado in June or hurricane Irene or the Great Pumpkin storm. Our emergency management has been quite good. CT, being an inferior state, has had an embarrassing response.

Your pics looked like our upslope snow with large dendrites and 20-1 ratios...I'm sure that's easier to clear than Collinsville, CT's 8-1 mash lol.

It's just the pics I've seen from CT look about as bad as it can get on a state level...any other storms folks can think of with that widespread tree damage?

It was higher ratio snow but it wasn't really white smoke. The clearing of the roads here on the east slope is efficient. We don't really skip a beat with heavy snowfalls. I was speaking more about the ability to manage the moving pieces of a recovery. From pre-positioning men and material, to getting information out to residents, to actually getting the infrastructure back up and running it seems Massachusetts does an excellent job. Plus we have a cool sounding name Massachusetts. Say it slowly, Massachusetts. Pretty cool huh?

While breaking into cars sucks, and people are as.sholes for doing so, I have to throw a big ole' LOL at the idiots who left items like that in their vehicles.

Severe recession - jobs nonexistent or near impossible to find

64 gig ipad 2 worth at least 800 dollars

I can't believe ppl don't use their noggins and leave an ipad 2 in their UNLOCKED car! Hell I wouldn't leave an ipad in a LOCKED car!

Hard to frackin' believe

(Shakes head)

• 2 years later...

Archived