Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Pictures Thread: October HECS

powderfreak

Kevin (@TollandKev)

11/3/11 7:13 PM

Unlocked cars were broken into in my hood last nite including next door. Looters took money, ipads and pods whatever they could get.

While breaking into cars sucks, and people are as.sholes for doing so, I have to throw a big ole' LOL at the idiots who left items like that in their vehicles.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I put my car in the garage.even though it meant manually putting the garage doors up and down with no electricity. My neighbor got home from work yesterday and came over and told me about what had happened. We've never had any crime since I've lived here.

It only takes a few d-bags to do it.

I put my car in the garage.even though it meant manually putting the garage doors up and down with no electricity. My neighbor got home from work yesterday and came over and told me about what had happened. We've never had any crime since I've lived here.

Wait. You raised and lowered the garage doors by hand??? A heroic effort, amigo. :weight_lift:

Funny how the main focus was on Greenwich at the beginning who didn't suffer the brunt of this one - money focus.

Interesting how Norwich comes out shinning due to not being a part of the CL&P mess, although the snow didn't do as much damage there as Irene did.

Nobody around here locked cars and then we got hit 3 times in 2 months. Cops caught 2 of the idiots. 30 - 40 cars in a night.

Now they know your hood is where the good loot is. Time to get some firearms, two to the body, one to the head usually deters a thief.

Funny how the main focus was on Greenwich at the beginning who didn't suffer the brunt of this one - money focus.

Interesting how Norwich comes out shinning due to not being a part of the CL&P mess, although the snow didn't do as much damage there as Irene did.

Norwich was back on line in Irene in two days but yea Treemageddon did not affect them. However any defense of CLP and their response at this point is pretty much void. Look at the neighboring states with similar damage in both Irene and October snow, well ahead, wonder why? No one is saying this was preventable, state , local and CLP mitigation and response is horrible. Do you know the reason CLP did not restock parts after Irene, please tell me

Norwich was back on line in Irene in two days but yea Treemageddon did not affect them. However any defense of CLP and their response at this point is pretty much void. Look at the neighboring states with similar damage in both Irene and October snow, well ahead, wonder why? No one is saying this was preventable, state , local and CLP mitigation and response is horrible. Do you know the reason CLP did not restock parts after Irene, please tell me

This could be a HUGE blow to that company if indeed the state, or towns decide to take some action (whatever that may be). Of course CL&P will get on the defense and pull the rate increase threat on us.

Bottom line, they are supposed to keep a right-away clear of all lines (100'?), although I am not sure if that was somehow passed to the towns/ state years ago. Toursist love driving up my road - rte 169 (American Scenic Byway). They talk about the scenic value of the highway, and how it envokes images of old Europe with huge old trees right on the shoulders, etc. This comes with a risk, and ultimately a price that we're paying for twice in 10 weeks. The crews that came out here from the mid-west back in August were basically in awe at how close the trees are to the lines.

Not sure how this will get resolved.

How would you like to live in Brimfield Mass, have a F-3 tornado tear you a new areshole, get back on your feet, have Irene bust your nuts, back on your feet again, then have treemageddon rake you. Coworker told me story of his good friend who has been through all three, thought he lost every tree possible after Irene but indeed lost more this time. Just awful.

Face it, we just can't handle disaster like people think we should...doesn't matter what it is: Floods, winter storms, oil spills, hurricanes, tornados, etc.

There is always griping about every disaster response...some are worse than others but there's never one that satisfies people completely.

Face it, we just can't handle disaster like people think we should...doesn't matter what it is: Floods, winter storms, oil spills, hurricanes, tornados, etc.

There is always griping about every disaster response...some are worse than others but there's never one that satisfies people completely.

We've dealt effectively here in Massachusetts on both the local and state level. Seeing how things seem to be handled in CT at least.

Archived