• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pictures Thread: October HECS

powderfreak

That is classic. They didn't cancel trick or treating there? They postponed ours here until Thursday.

Yes they held trick or treating tonight I had all but 10 kids. What they do in my town is they close a street off of Main st called Bacon St (best St name ever) and hundreds of kids flock to that street. The homeowners take it seriously and turn there barns and garages into haunted houses etc... you can walk through them. Some have outdoor fires going, awesome pumpkin carvings, hot chocolate, mulled cider etc... followed by a massive bonfire behind the fire station put on by the WFD it's great for the kids and adults. Glad they didn't cancel.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20.8", 17" or so depth avg

two of those pics were in the higher eles 800 and 1300' where 25-30"+ fell.

Those photos were sweet dude. In fact all of these are just nuts. Joking around before the storm saying it might be the biggest of the winter but I didn't actually think it would be. It's going to be hard to top these totals out of SNH, ORH Cty, back into the Berks and northern CT.

Those photos were sweet dude. In fact all of these are just nuts. Joking around before the storm saying it might be the biggest of the winter but I didn't actually think it would be. It's going to be hard to top these totals out of SNH, ORH Cty, back into the Berks and northern CT.

Our March Monster will top it

Wasn't that your largest storm in 4 years at your location? Think about all those "perfect" mid winter set-ups that just couldn't deliver...all those winter months that failed only to be beaten handily by a freak set-up in October. That's crazy.

I know, very odd.

We get big storms but it had been a while... 2007?

I hope we didn't ruin it for winter

p1010929pe.jpg

What season is it again?

Not sure if it has been played up at all, but the February windstorm '10 helped us out here quite a bit the same way the '08 ice storm. The dead stuff was taken care of and the crews cut the trees/brush back from main power lines. Had we not been through that damage and clean-up, this storm would have been absolutely crippling.

What season is it again?

Not sure if it has been played up at all, but the February windstorm '10 helped us out here quite a bit the same way the '08 ice storm. The dead stuff was taken care of and the crews cut the trees/brush back from main power lines. Had we not been through that damage and clean-up, this storm would have been absolutely crippling.

I went looking for limbs or trees down or anything and found nothing besides small limbs and tons of leaves. I did hear a bunch of significant sounding cracking during the storm, but didn't find any evidence of it afterwards. It does seem like the last few years of storms and associated cleanup have really done a good job of killing the weak stuff.

Maybe even longer...

The Jan 23 event had 22 in Gardner, but only 14 in Ashburnham?

22. something in Westminster

I think the Ashburnham total might be low in '05...FIT had over 20" and so did Princeton. You prob had over 20" in that storm...either way, its been awhile. If you somehow didn't break it in Jan '05, you def did in PDII in Feb '03.

I think the Ashburnham total might be low in '05...FIT had over 20" and so did Princeton. You prob had over 20" in that storm...either way, its been awhile. If you somehow didn't break it in Jan '05, you def did in PDII in Feb '03.

It was fun to look at some of those old totals.

I hope we get another bomb sometime this upcoming winter (which is still a month away from even starting!)

Driving around North Andover the next morning. Saw a tree across a car and some other destruction I wasn't able to film. But the general scene was scattered limbs down and a few entire trees here and there. Lots of softball snowballs falling once the sun came out as well.

Archived