joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Pictures Thread: October HECS

powderfreak

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You've been the nice guy for too long, handing out the congratulations...."En hiver pour souvenir, pour vous!" Did that translate?

close

Un hiver...

but haha yeah very nice! :thumbsup:

no worries

i had my once in a century winter in 07-08.

im more amazed by these types of events, and this board allows me to experience them even from a distance.

Pete, do you plow, snowblow, shovel, or all 3?

My neighbor was using a front end loaded...lol

Sometimes plow but the ground is so soft I didn't want to rip things up. I never snowblow as I don't like how it ends up throwing dirt onto the snowbanks. That makes them ugly and they melt faster in the spring. I prefer to shovel as it's a great workout and I can place snow where I want it (i.e. right where my daughter and I are making our Winter snow fort/igloo.)

I p[osted these in the obs thread before I saw this thread. Been without power since last night...still down. At a McDonalds using their wifi.

oct30orh1.jpg

oct30orh2.jpg

oct30orh3.jpg

oct30orh4.jpg

oct30orh5.jpg

I have a bunch of other pics too, but here's 5 of them to start. I'll probably post more once I get power/internet back.

Here's one from RT 4 in Killington, VT. A bunch of us from Stowe made the drive down and skied Pico next to Killington. There was probably 6-7" of new snow from this storm down at road level but as we gained elevation on the hike up, it increased to probably 12" of new snow, on top of the 8-10" they got two days prior.

Foliage and snow never gets old.

Archived