Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At 30hr, 0z NAM it's not colder at KTAN or close to that area vs the 12z, it's warmer at the surface. It's warmer at 850mb too in that general area. This is based on the maps that I can see.

This is several runs in a row that have slightly shifted the most borderline areas on the front end NW. It changes everywhere as it collapses SE.

Rudimentary sake of comparison look at the snow depth clown map in SE CT, RI, SE MA new versus old. The nam ran cold the other day.

new run

printStaticURL() http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=NAM&grid=221&model_yyyy=2011&model_mm=10&model_dd=29&model_init_hh=00&fhour=39&parameter=SNOWIN&level=SURFACE&unit=none&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

old run

http://www.twisterdata.com/index.php?prog=forecast&model=NAM&grid=221&model_yyyy=2011&model_mm=10&model_dd=28&model_init_hh=12&fhour=51&parameter=SNOWIN&level=SURFACE&unit=none&maximize=n&mode=singlemap&sounding=n&output=image&view=large&archive=false

At 30hr, 0z NAM it's not colder at KTAN or close to that area vs the 12z, it's warmer at the surface. It's warmer at 850mb too in that general area. This is based on the maps that I can see.

This is several runs in a row that have slightly shifted the most borderline areas on the front end NW. It changes everywhere as it collapses SE.

Run the soundings here for your areas, mine are colder ! Compare runs

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/make.html

If you have time, what effect does elongation have?

Well it might mean there is a battle going on with perhaps a few very weak low level centers in the middle of one broad area of low pressure. Convection can cause mini low centers to form, and there is the chance of some convection in an east to west fashion..hence the possible elongation. Sometimes this happens for a few hours and then the dominant low takes over.

Well it might mean there is a battle going on with perhaps a few very weak low level centers in the middle of one broad area of low pressure. Convection can cause mini low centers to form, and there is the chance of some convection in an east to west fashion..hence the possible elongation. Sometimes this happens for a few hours and then the dominant low takes over.

thanks.

Wow really? up the road 25 miles here is 3-5 and norwalk 3-7

95 from West Haven west will probably make out decently seeing as the ageo flow will transition and southerly flow over to the north and flip you guys quicker than SE CT..you guys might find a 6" or 8" amount...SE CT will have troulble getting over 4"

People will get nervous about the wind and power outages. Still jumpy from two months ago.

Already am nervous...

As it is, I'm guessing tonight will be my last night with heat/power/water for a couple of days...

So off to bed!

12-14" for my call here

Pete gets 18"

Ray gets 8"

Blizz gets 7.9"

Ginx gets 6 but deserves 20

Not with a due north wind ripping down the valleys it doesnt

It'll take time as the low bombs yeah you guys will have snow but itll start as 38 and rain and then flip. Ive seen it too many times, and its October..the sound is 60 and until that wind flips everyone on the shore in in trouble...I live in westbrook east of New Haven. i hate it haha

Run the soundings here for your areas, mine are colder ! Compare runs

http://vortex.plymouth.edu/make.html

I just ran a skew-t from that for mby. Looks like things could start as snow out here--or have just a smidge of taint at the very start. I assume that would hold true for all of GC and probably elevations in ORH County as well? Maybe less paste more powder equalling less question about power/trees

People will get nervous about the wind and power outages. Still jumpy from two months ago.

I need a shot right now to calm my nerves. I got my ass kicked for ten days at home then at work, do not think I have the energy to do that again, put snow and cold on top of it, here's hoping for strong winds to keep the trees void of accumulation, that was a good point by you by the way.

Archived