• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - III

Baroclinic Zone

Has quite a bit of precip after that pt too. Such a tough call for those more borderline zones - could easily bust high thanks to 3 to 5 hr period of insanity. Gut is to lean that way.

It looks like it even changes down to just W of the Canal...esp more toward like Wareham where the water influence is less on NNW wind.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pete!

Any word on skiing Sunday? Are you hearing of any last minute openings? Can I bring my daughter up and we can ski in the new 18" of snow you'll have by Sunday?

Hey Scott! Looking good here for some back country turns. I doubt many will actually open but maybe. I think it'll be earn your turns but that suits me just fine. It does seem like we should pick up some respectable accumulations. You are welcome in GC anytime. Come up and ski the B'east when the lifts spin.

Already am nervous...

As it is, I'm guessing tonight will be my last night with heat/power/water for a couple of days...

So off to bed!

12-14" for my call here

Pete gets 18"

Ray gets 8"

Blizz gets 7.9"

Ginx gets 6 but deserves 20

Generator is gassed and ready just in case. Still, if we lose the phone line see you guys mid-week.

NAM doesn't do much to resolve thermal questions in the CP away from the immediate shoreline. I think I could get anywhere from 1-6 inches given all the possibilities. Likely to be a steep transition between 128 and 495 but it looks like it goes hard even here for awhile early Sunday.

Same here. 1-6" looks like a good forecast. My guess is 2-4"

ive seen snow in october, although it appears not to the levels some of you folks will see it.

the record i apparently lived through was on october 22, 1988 with 11.8 inches in ottawa (don't remember it).

to put things in perspective regarding the anomalous of these couple events, the average snowfall in the northern reaches of quebec in october (places like Inukjuak, Kuujjuaq, and Kuujjuarapik) is between 11 and 13 inches.

the record october snowfall in montreal is 9.4 inches.

the record october snowfall in quebec city is 11.5 inches.

astounding stuff really this past 12 months.....new england, the new great white north :P

It's really close even after 00z on the NAM.

It's brutally close, like Phil said too wow what a bust potential both ways.

That last band in eastern MA could still be going for several hours into sunday morning during daylight hours.

Yeah, much like the Euro. The clown maps on wunderground...pretty clearly had the 12z Euro doing a good dump right down to about the canal.

Has quite a bit of precip after that pt too. Such a tough call for those more borderline zones - could easily bust high thanks to 3 to 5 hr period of insanity. Gut is to lean that way.

If we can get the wrap you and I have a good shot at remarkable accumulations for this time of year.

It looks like it even changes down to just W of the Canal...esp more toward like Wareham where the water influence is less on NNW wind.

We've had enough of these early season jobs...the cut seems to begin Will right at 195 and 25(495) in wareham. A mile or two east it will drop off fast until the end. This storm "looks" different where it may sweep right to the coast. But my gut tells me the secondary smaller max will occur west of 195/495 in terms of where the snow line will rush to and halt for a bit.

Hey Scott! Looking good here for some back country turns. I doubt many will actually open but maybe. I think it'll be earn your turns but that suits me just fine. It does seem like we should pick up some respectable accumulations. You are welcome in GC anytime. Come up and ski the B'east when the lifts spin.

I'm in! Soon as the beast is open I'll bring my 7 year old and off we go. She's a great little skier and I've only hit one tree in three years so...let's do it!

Just took the top off my gazebo, I lost my first gazebo in an small, early November storm of ice and snow, dont want to lose another one.

The Rangers fans about to find out what it was like to be a Sox fan pre 2004.

No way they were winning tonight after last night. How about the guy who bet 1K Sept 5 when the odds of the Cards winning was 999-1 , collecting a cool million tomorrow.

I am so pumped to see how this all plays out, tremendous learning experience for me.

Archived