• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - III

Baroclinic Zone

LOL I still have snow on my deck a full day after 1 inch of snow in Oct after a day of full sun, epic.

Steve, that is the one thing from today, my deck points south and in the summer is an inferno (hate staining) during daylight, yet tonite we still have snow on it after a day in partial sun - it is October 28! Looking forward to tomorrow, thanks to all for their great input and analysis

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM at 5h is rolling in a little slower compared to the 12z. Not sure how it plays out, just slightly WNW/NW of the old 12z position at 21h.

Looking at the 9h 500mb 0z, it reminds me of what the older GFS looked like when it was close to the coast and mean while the others were east.

IMO, NAM is going west I think.

Looks east just a smidge.

Steve, that is the one thing from today, my deck points south and in the summer is an inferno (hate staining) during daylight, yet tonite we still have snow on it after a day in partial sun - it is October 28! Looking forward to tomorrow, thanks to all for their great input and analysis

Hey Joe! This is nuts and thanks. Just looked at the -Sds on GEFs and had a flashback to Jan 12 th, man IDK how much to put stock in the high SST influence, it's one cold ass column, massive compression as Scoter says.

Deja model misanalysis from last winter, let it come out to where it matters boys and girls.

At 18 hours, CT 1000-850 are warmer this run by quite a bit. Check CT and RI along I95 versus the 12z 30h.

Where it goes from there? At 21 it's def a smidge warmer too along the borderline areas.

NAM looks a touch east and a bit cooler...

are you looking at the 0Z?

If you dont like the NAm you dont like weather

Its def east of 18z...it looks like the blocking to our north holds a little tougher this run. Could be some ridiculous convection too in there that affects these tracks when a storm is this dynamic.

Sick just sick, ran the generator, ready set go

You can tell that convection is messing with it a bit as the low tries to elongate east a bit. Dynamics through the roof.

That convection is probably at the heart of a lot of the struggle.

Thicknesses are definitely warmer in SE areas on this run when comparing to the 12z. It's a tiny difference, but it's there.

It's also probably inconsequential because the areas most effected are already going to be in the rain at that point anyway. IE, this isn't January and the areas near those CT's are raining anyway.

Hey Joe! This is nuts and thanks. Just looked at the -Sds on GEFs and had a flashback to Jan 12 th, man IDK how much to put stock in the high SST influence, it's one cold ass column, massive compression as Scoter says.

Not to get to far off topic, but i am in construction and this has been the year of the anomalous event. Rain that falls to fast, winds that blow from the wrong direction and drive water into nooks that have never had leaks, snow that piles to quickly. I continually explain to out people that we are comparing events today to things that have never happened in the history of record j=keeping (not to say it has not happened), 2011 has been extreme. But even though all these people are pains in the ass, 2011 is king!

Steve we should get a good Italian meal in Westerly some day.

Archived