Newest Member
    Monty
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What?!?! Of course you can.

Not around here, amigo, even rock skis are focked in 3" of cement on ground not completely frozen. I'm figuring on a few surf days and a bunch of mtn bike days before the skis come out.

But they will come out, hermano. And it will be awesome.

The thermal profile on this is off the scale i.e amounts especailly with that f'n CF. It's wiggle time but inevitably MBY always seems to be on the fence. b**ch and moaning incoming from many. Alas, it's October. I don't know why I want a Snowbomb with leaves present/ heck the lil kiddy always wins. Bring it! Either way should be exciting watching this unfold.

Congrats Phil on the tag.

Kudo's to all the Pro's. Great discussions from all. I think just about every aspect of this is covered.

OCTOBOMB11 FWI-10

Beach season is officially ova

Ski season has officially begun. Was on the snow last night and again today. I'll probably golf down in the Hudson Valley 1 more time but I'm in full Winter mode. My AK buddies are sending their congrats. I told them wait until verification. Looks good though.

Just posted up a map in the member map discussion thread.. would love to hear thoughts or input

My complete amateur weenie opinion it looks quite realistic. You may even be able to go a little broader with the red areas in Pa and expand slightly into S. Vt depending on if this holds the slightly W progs.

40/70: 7"

blizz:8"

coastalwx: 3"

Steve Ginx: 5"

Will orhwx: 12"

Pete skimrg: 14"

Wiz: 5"

Bridgton ME: 9"

Southie: sloppy 1"

Jerry: 5"

BOS: 1.5"

BDL: 5"

PVD:6"

ORH: 12"

FIT: 11"

Why so low for CCT. They are in a great spot historically well winter history for this kind of setup, every model has them well below any taint

Will, any thoughts for the Blackstone area?

There could be a decent gradient down there with elevation obviously being a big factor. I think it will be slow to materialize there as the best banding/deeper moisture is initially shoved to the NW, but it should all come crash back SE and go nuts in the evening as the storm nukes out SE of RI/MA. I'd probably go like 5-8 there with the 300-500 foot areas near the higher end...but there's certainly some bust potential. Like a lot of other areas in E MA...it could be the type of thing where people think its not going to be a big deal because the first 6 hours of the storm is pretty meh....but then all hell breaks loose for the final 4-6 hours.

Why so low for CCT. They are in a great spot historically well winter history for this kind of setup, every model has them well below any taint

Took a peek at the NWS map when I was making the decisions.. They seem to have downslope issues for the valley? I am not very good at forecasting that specific area.. it always seems to be a little complicated.. so take it with caveat

Go to snow.

Dunno, MGR, I like the big fall surf (winter is too cold for me in the Atlantic) and late season mtn biking, too. For everything there is a season and all that.

But I do look forward to writing my name in the snow Sunday afternoon while I'm watching the Pats play.

Dunno, MGR, I like the big fall surf (winter is too cold for me in the Atlantic) and late season mtn biking, too. For everything there is a season and all that.

But I do look forward to writing my name in the snow Sunday afternoon while I'm watching the Pats play.

To each his own. Good luck.

I agree with you, big fall surf then put the slats on.

Archived