amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
October 29/30 Snowstorm Disco - III

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That convection is probably at the heart of a lot of the struggle.

Thicknesses are definitely warmer in SE areas on this run when comparing to the 12z. It's a tiny difference, but it's there.

It's also probably inconsequential because the areas most effected are already going to be in the rain at that point anyway. IE, this isn't January and the areas near those CT's are raining anyway.

I just ran my soundings, much colder, wait until the clown maps come out I will be back in the 12-18 clown paint.

You can tell that convection is messing with it a bit as the low tries to elongate east a bit. Dynamics through the roof.

That convection is probably at the heart of a lot of the struggle.

Thicknesses are definitely warmer in SE areas on this run when comparing to the 12z. It's a tiny difference, but it's there.

It's also probably inconsequential because the areas most effected are already going to be in the rain at that point anyway. IE, this isn't January and the areas near those CT's are raining anyway.

Are you questioning the solution because of the convection and that the elongation is suspect? If so, what would you expect? Thx.

Running out of ways to talk about how impressive some aspects of this system should be.

You might want to stay on the first floor during the storm...air could get thin on the 2nd floor as the 5h low rips overhead.

The chase vehicle might get blown to ACK on north winds.

Not to get to far off topic, but i am in construction and this has been the year of the anomalous event. Rain that falls to fast, winds that blow from the wrong direction and drive water into nooks that have never had leaks, snow that piles to quickly. I continually explain to out people that we are comparing events today to things that have never happened in the history of record j=keeping (not to say it has not happened), 2011 has been extreme. But even though all these people are pains in the ass, 2011 is king!

Steve we should get a good Italian meal in Westerly some day.

You got it bro. There is only one place I go for Italian and that's Moms and you are invited any time.

Holy QPF

No it could happen like that. It;s more of a testament that this system, will be one potent bugger.

Thanks. And for the record, I can't believe how many qpf comments people are making. Damn pissed I'm not in the middle of the 1.5 instead of the fringe. :arrowhead:

151 users at 10:30 on a Friday night. Are we weenies, losers, parents, or all of the above? :)

I just ran my soundings, much colder, wait until the clown maps come out I will be back in the 12-18 clown paint.

At 30hr, 0z NAM it's not colder at KTAN or close to that area vs the 12z, it's warmer at the surface. It's warmer at 850mb too in that general area. This is based on the maps that I can see.

This is several runs in a row that have slightly shifted the most borderline areas on the front end NW. It changes everywhere as it collapses SE.

Archived