12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Second Winter Storm Threat - Oct 29/30

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG! I don't think I've ever seen you make a balls to the wall call like this!!! This carries weight.

Real nice Kevin.

I don't think I'll be able to stand this QPF thing all season long. It's lkike having a crazy aunt wrapped in a shawl asking you the same question over and over and over again. All the worrying about qpf days out only to get slammed nearly every time.

MPM uses reverse Psych every year to eek out 90 plus, it's all good, we know our nuances well. There is going to be coastal flooding on top of all this especially on the north shore, cape elbow.

1. THIS IS A HIGHLY

ANOMALOUS EVENT WHERE SIGNIFICANT LATE OCTOBER SNOW HAS NEVER BEEN

OBSERVED ON THE COASTAL PLAIN PER THE 1ST ORDER CLIMATE STATIONS.

EVEN INLAND...SCANS OF THE COOP DATA SHOWS THAT ACCUMULATING SNOW IS

ALMOST UNHEARD OF.

LASTLY...I COULD NOT FIND SUPPORT OF SFC TEMPS BEING BELOW FREEZING

IN ANY OF THE PROFILES I EXAMINED.

Sounds like a Noreaster27 post, seriously. Shocking this is coming from someone responsible for forecasting for the entire CWA......You can bet that Bill Goodman would not have written such a piece of garbage.

Snowman.gif

OMG! I don't think I've ever seen you make a balls to the wall call like this!!! This carries weight.

Real nice Kevin.

I don't think I'll be able to stand this QPF thing all season long. It's lkike having a crazy aunt wrapped in a shawl asking you the same question over and over and over again. All the worrying about qpf days out only to get slammed nearly every time.

LOL. Like the grandmother in Eddie Murphy's first comedy album....."Baby, what time is it?" Eric's going to need to give me a new saw in his pic--I use a stihl.

MPM uses reverse Psych every year to eek out 90 plus, it's all good, we know our nuances well. There is going to be coastal flooding on top of all this especially on the north shore, cape elbow.

When it works, you stick with it!

I'll bite for a prelim map...

I just fell in love with Sam's map.

LOL, no seriously, I consciously try to avoid it. Because my first draft always has waaay too much resemblance to that

You can't really avoid it...the sick minds will always think it...but the topography forces us to draw a lot of dips in the contours...you always end up with a weenie looking thing over central MA because of the ORH hills and the Berkshires too.

A little OT but not sure which thread to ask on, maybe Moderators will move it to somewhere better suited. However, is there any correlation between early moderate/significant storms and snowy winters?

The last four times we've had measurable snow in Oct here we've cleared 100+" for the season.

You can't really avoid it...the sick minds will always think it...but the topography forces us to draw a lot of dips in the contours...you always end up with a weenie looking thing over central MA because of the ORH hills and the Berkshires too.

This has to be an alltime funny post from Will...in a weird kind of way.

Archived