GLOV November obs/disco thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cyclone-

Enjoy it..>Euro brings the motherload over you:

ecmwfNA_850_temp_168.gif

Won't be out raking leaves in your thong if that comes through.

LOL @ thong. I was hoping Google Earth wouldn't be able to see that dammit.

Yeah I was actually reading through the Nov '10 thread a few days ago and noticed I posted about mowing/burning, etc on Nov 21. Figured I'd do it again on the same date this year hoping for some good karma lol. :guitar:

Yeah I was actually reading through the Nov '10 thread a few days ago and noticed I posted about mowing/burning, etc on Nov 21. Figured I'd do it again on the same date this year hoping for some good karma lol. :guitar:

Now that's being a team player. Good tidings to you this winter good sir. :snowman:

This system is so weird I can't determine what to think.

My area of interest is Northern Lower Michigan and the U.P.

Right now the fun looks like far western UP and all of Wisconsin. Damn I really want the lower Peninsula to get in on this no matter where... Shorter drive for my trailer-ed snowmobiles.

This system is so weird I can't determine what to think.

My area of interest is Northern Lower Michigan and the U.P.

Right now the fun looks like far western UP and all of Wisconsin. Damn I really want the lower Peninsula to get in on this no matter where... Shorter drive for my trailer-ed snowmobiles.

Snow will be short lived. By the time you get there with your trailer its all ready in the 40's and melting even in the U.P. Apparently winter is on hold for a while.

Good rain soaker here, 43 degrees and moderate rain/wind. November continues to be an extremely gusty month it's quite odd actually.

It seems they backed off on the temps just a tad on turkey day, but increased the warmth Friday and Saturday, almost pushing 60 degrees!

Next Monday and Tuesday things get intersting, highs in the mid 30s lows in the 20s with a chance of precip. Isn't this storm Suppose to be the "pattern breaker"? Quite a few are still saying the Midwest/GL are really in for it this winter.

First winter warning of the year for me here in Kitchener-Waterloo. Freezing Rain Warning

Temperatures are forecast to be at or just above freezing at the time. Precipitation may begin as rain but will quickly change to freezing rain. A prolonged period of freezing rain, about 3 to 6 hours, is likely for most of the warned areas. 2 to 5 mm of ice build up is possible. Freezing rain may change briefly to rain or snow before ending overnight over south Central Ontario,

First winter warning of the year for me here in Kitchener-Waterloo. Freezing Rain Warning

Temperatures are forecast to be at or just above freezing at the time. Precipitation may begin as rain but will quickly change to freezing rain. A prolonged period of freezing rain, about 3 to 6 hours, is likely for most of the warned areas. 2 to 5 mm of ice build up is possible. Freezing rain may change briefly to rain or snow before ending overnight over south Central Ontario,

Yeah, and it's a measly freezing rain warning... those accumulations are probably on par with a short term forecast or rip current statement by the NWS :whistle:

Archived