Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
GLOV November obs/disco thread

snowstormcanuck

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a warm evening in the mid 50s the temps have crashed over the last hour or so behind the front. Really looks like winter out there now. The last of the trees to hold on to their leaves are now bare. Also the city put up all the big snowflake lights on the power poles all over town today. Now all we need is the real thing lol. :guitar:

0z GFS is very close to giving northeast IL its first several inch snow event next weekend, low level temps near the sfc might be a bit iffy but besides that, def something to watch.

Big trof and I mean big time trof over the eastern US (110kt winds at H5 and a 70kt LLJ) and the sfc low just camps over lake michigan/western MI and strengthens between 168-192hr.

0z GFS is very close to giving northeast IL its first several inch snow event next weekend, low level temps near the sfc might be a bit iffy but besides that, def something to watch.

Big trof and I mean big time trof over the eastern US (110kt winds at H5 and a 70kt LLJ) and the sfc low just camps over lake michigan/western MI and strengthens between 168-192hr.

The 5h pattern isn't all that different from the Euro.

I'm heading back from a short vacation in Door County on Sunday, so a storm like this could make that ride a bit interesting. Watch this become a Northern Plains bomb in future days.

2001-02 FTW! Me, cromartie, and Respiratory Guy are best buds now. :tomato:

And happy holidays to you as well. Hey what do you do, I say enjoy the cold air it's the only cold air ya got....:scooter: Honestly though, almost every met out there thinks this winter will be fine, sure like mild but you will get your fill soon. Last year Nov was mild, 2008 Nov was mild and we know when Dec rolled around wham winter came and stayed. I think you'll be fine.

Interesting visible image this morning. Quite a bit of snow cover from South Dakota through Minnesota and into Wisconsin. First time we've seen such an expansive snow field this far south. Getting closer...:popcorn:

You can feel it here, only 38 °F. Creeping closer to full on winter every day.

Next warmup comes when I land in Miami on Tuesday, it's gonna be in the 80s all of Thanksgiving week :sun:

Dear lord this pattern is persistent. Wow

Yep, it is awfully dull with no snow or even real cold around. We've been spoiled, we've had several Thanksgivings in recent years here in the snowbelt of CLE with snow falling and/or on the ground. Turkey Day this year looks to be about as exciting as a Republican presidential debate. ;)

I am counting the number of goa lows coming down onto the west coast, must be our 3-4th by now lol. The western parts of the viewing area have not been as warm as the ov though. Colder nationwide than 2001 though.

Yeah, the W Great Lakes have fared decently in November so far. We're not exactly torching (although the end of this week might), and C and N Wisconsin have seen two snowstorms (combined) that have produced double digit totals in isolated areas. Ideally, the NAO and AO at least go neutral (though not too negative, as that would likely result in cold and dry) as we head into December.

Archived